Sign in to follow this  
Maker84

What is wrong with this defense?

Pass rush is absolutely non existent and Clowney has made 0 impact this far. Secondary gets beat all over the place and can’t stay with many WRs for very long. They truly lucked out last week with Jerry Jeudy dropping some key passes and the Broncos missing some key receivers. 

Does this team truly miss Adoree and Beasley that much?? It’s hard to believe it’s a talent issue.

just frustrating that a team like Pittsburgh consistently trots our a menacing pass rush with tight coverage with about equal talent. Must be a scheme thing idk.....however something needs to change because this defense is a dumpster fire as it currently stands 

We were extremely fortunate to have Dean Pees. Vrabel is an average coordinator or play caller but is a very very good HC. If it isn’t Vrabes calling the game and it’s Bowen then I’d chalk it up to the rookie coordinator. Also, yes we really miss Jackson. People do not appreciate just how good he is in coverage. 

Short week off a really late MNF game. Covering for rookie DBs. As for the past rush, didnt Pees say on that radio show that with Minshew you want to contain him and not let him break contain? I guess the problem with that is that we couldn’t cover anyone.

The transition to a new DC was always gonna be a bumpy road.  It's been made more difficult by the lack of our number one corner.  I've thought they've played inconsistently, but you can see flashes of what they can be.  The lack of a pass rush still continues to be the most glaring issue I've noticed.