The quality of offenses or more specifically passing offenses was pretty high this week. There were a lot of great passes and catches across most games.

6 hours ago, Somedude said:

I remember thinking he got over the line but wasn't called,but not seen the game since then.

He didn't.  He was clearly stopped.

10 hours ago, oldschool said:

@scine09 Wilson is better than Mahomes. Yeah I said it.

As we sit here after week 2, Wilson certainly has better numbers.   It will be interesting how it all plays out.  Right now, Wilson looks like he will get his first MVP, and deservedly so.

When we look at little closer, we see that Wilson has taken 5 sacks, fumbled once (Recovered), and thrown a pick.  If we look at last year, despite ranking 12th in pass attempts, he was tied for first in sacks taken at 48.

Mahomes doesn't take a lot of sacks.  He gets the ball out of his hands quickly and typically gives only his guy a chance at the ball.  He is on pace for 32, which is nearly twice as many as he took last year.      

Mahomes has only taken two sacks, no picks, no fumbles.  

Mahomes had one of his worst days when healthy.  He may have had a worse day last year when he was recovering from the high ankle sprain or the dislocated knee cap.   He was harassed all day.  He was going up against one of the best defensive fronts in the NFL.  He still threw 2 TD's, no interceptions, threw for 302 yards, and was the Chiefs leading rusher with 54 yards, including a 3rd and 20 conversion where he ran for 21 yards.  He converted 4 first downs rushing.  

The Chiefs get to go against the Pats and Falcons.  So, it will be interesting to see what Mahomes numbers look like against the same competition.  Unfortunately, the Hawks don't play the Chargers or Houston.  

By the end of the season, the Chiefs and Seahawks will have had the following common games:  Falcons, Patriots, Dolphins, Jets and Bills.  It will be an interesting study to see how they each do in common games.

As of right now, through two games, you can clearly make the argument that Wilson is better.  And, really, he is eight years in and Mahomes is three years in.  So, you would think that Wilson would have an edge with the experience.  Most QB's hit their peak from 28-34.

Wilson is making a strong case.  

It's week 2 but anyone who thinks that Wilson isn't right there with Mahomes based on their bodies of work simply doesn't understand how to evaluate QB play.  The idea that Wilson isn't remotely close to Mahomes in QB play, like @scine09 claimed last week is laughably wrong.

8 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Wilson has been the best QB in the league after two games.  There's really no debate.

So you admit that your statement that Wilson wasn't anywhere remotely close to being as good as Mahomes was laughably wrong? 

Bear in mind, this isn't about two games but based on the bodies of work and the 2020 season.....

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

So you admit that your statement that Wilson wasn't anywhere remotely close to being as good as Mahomes was laughably wrong? 

Bear in mind, this isn't about two games but based on the bodies of work and the 2020 season.....

I'm not going into another back and forth.  Wilson has played lights out this year.

I still think Mahomes is the best QB in the league and two games doesn't change anything.

If Wilson keeps this up and Mahomes plays lackluster like yesterday obviously that'll change.

Don’t forget Mahomes played like ass in the Sb if not for a late 8 min run and lucky chuck and catch by tyreek hill they prob lose that game but who knows.I just know defense and Damian Williams kept them in that game it wasn’t mahomes ugly stat line but because they won he will get the praise.Ask me Chris Jones was a big reason for their success he murdered in the playoffs.Mahomes isn’t trash but he’s not a god like sum make him to be but he’s future is bright.

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'm not going into another back and forth.  Wilson has played lights out this year.

I still think Mahomes is the best QB in the league and two games doesn't change anything.

If Wilson keeps this up and Mahomes plays lackluster like yesterday obviously that'll change.

LOL - you said Wilson wasn't remotely close to being as good as Mahomes.  Wilson doesn't have to "keep up" anything.   You said there was a massive gap between the two, which of course is laughably dumb on your part.

Just now, BudAdams said:

LOL - you said Wilson wasn't remotely close to being as good as Mahomes.  Wilson doesn't have to "keep up" anything.   You said there was a massive gap between the two, which of course is laughably dumb on your part.

Why exactly are you obsessed in quoting me and battling me?

It's kind of weird.

Stephen pointed it out the other day too.

I really don't know what else you want me to say.  Wilson played great yesterday, played great the other day, and I believe he is the 2nd best quarterback in the league.  

Just now, scine09 said:

Why exactly are you obsessed in quoting me and battling me?

It's kind of weird.

Stephen pointed it out the other day too.

I really don't know what else you want me to say.  Wilson played great yesterday, played great the other day, and I believe he is the 2nd best quarterback in the league.  

I enjoy beating on a crash test dummy.  Especially one who pretends that he knows about QB play yet actually said that Cian Fahey knows more about QB's than people in the NFL yet has had more awful QB takes than anyone on this board (and that's a bold statement)

So you won't admit that your "massive gap" proclamation between Mahomes and the next best QB is wrong?  There clearly wasn't and isn't a massive gap between Mahomes and Wilson. 

So yes this won't go away.  The fact it bothers you even makes it more enjoyable.