Jonboy

Week 2: Jags @ Titans Game Thread

48 minutes ago, Doogie said:

It is funny that won both this game and the NE game. I dont completely disagree with you but both times it led to a W. Im ok with that. 

Fisher won a lot of games like that too. The problem is that you have no margin of error. Eventually it will bite you against good teams.

Edited by oldschool

1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

LOL.  Your disdain for scine has taken on a new level.

He never said he wasn't expecting a win.  With everything that was against the Titans, a loss wouldn't have been a surprise.

Wrong.  50/50 inherently isn't expecting a win.   Vegas clearly expected a Titans win as did most everyone.

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The Front got out worked and out classed all day. I dont blame the secondary one bit for the game due to all the injuries. simmons was a no show, Brown looks slow, and Evans isn't making explosive plays. They have to turn it around and quick.

This is where I’ll disagree with you. The scheme ruled the day. They’re soft outside with no solid nickel, as shown by Vaccaro having 11 tackles and 2 huge PBUs. They can’t keep running the Pees defense with this personnel and then bouncing to a more aggressive one. They need to choose their scheme and run with it. 

Just now, oldschool said:

Fisher won a lot of games like that too. The problem is that you have mo margin of error. Eventually it will bite you against good teams.

I hear ya. I think he's a great game manager but sometimes he gets a little too conservative.  Its not an idiotic call there though. Third and short with one of the best short yard backs in the game. 

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Wrong.  50/50 inherently isn't expecting a win.   Vegas clearly expected a Titans win as did most everyone.

He said he wouldn't be surprised if they ended up winning.  I also EXPECTED a win, but wouldn't have been SURPRISED if we lost, considering the factors at play.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Personally I hated the 3rd and 1 toss play to the short side of the field.  Especially when the passing offense basically moved the ball at will against Jax and the defense was ravaged. 

Luckily the defense stepped up and the Titans got a chance to have another drive.

Easily the worst play call of the game. 

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Fisher won a lot of games like that too. The problem is that you have mo margin of error. Eventually it will bite you against good teams.

Yup, it'll either bite you against good teams and you make games against inferior teams far more difficult than they should be.

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is where I’ll disagree with you. The scheme ruled the day. They’re soft outside with no solid nickel, as shown by Vaccaro having 11 tackles and 2 huge PBUs. They can’t keep running the Pees defense with this personnel and then bouncing to a more aggressive one. They need to choose their scheme and run with it. 

Sometimes the scheme is WAAAY TOO SOFT and gives up way too much cushion.  I really hope they activate a 4th OLB next week, Clowney and Landry can't continue to play this much snaps.

Maybe I should've said 55/45 or something like that.  But Jacksonville definitely had a fighters chance going in.  If you follow this league year in and year out these are the kind of games that are closer than fans would expect.  Late MNF game, short week, injured, other team playing with confidence and nothing to lose with little expectations.  I mean, it's a classic recipe for an upset.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Yup, it'll either bite you against good teams and you make games against inferior teams far more difficult than they should be.

Sometimes the scheme is WAAAY TOO SOFT and gives up way too much cushion.  I really hope they activate a 4th OLB next week, Clowney and Landry can't continue to play this much snaps.

I have no idea why they weren’t pressing more. The DL was getting instant pressure almost every drop back except PA rollouts. Fuck the Pees scheme when you’re giving up 40 yard TDs and 40 yard open field runs to an undrafted RB. It isn’t working. Press man and press cover 3 all day. We’ll give up big plays, but fuck it we just gave up 30 to the Jaguars and Garner Minshew. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Maybe I should've said 55/45 or something like that.  But Jacksonville definitely had a fighters chance going in.  If you follow this league year in and year out these are the kind of games that are closer than fans would expect.  Late MNF game, short week, injured, other team playing with confidence and nothing to lose with little expectations.  I mean, it's a classic recipe for an upset.

No one is claiming otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Vrabel is playing it correctly. Tannihill has become an excellent PA passer and game manager. Having him throw it much more will result in diminished returns, turnovers, sacks taken etc. Vrabel understanding that is is one of the things that makes him very good.