Week 2: Jags @ Titans Game Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not saying Tannehill is the 3rd best QB in the league but I'm also not saying he aint 

Humphries is the worst free agent signing ever.

*Bongo59 has exited the chat*

Posted Images

Just now, BudAdams said:

I didn't expect a blow out but I was expecting the Titans to win.  As was pretty much everyone in the country except perhaps you and Maker84

I think everybody had underrated the Jags.  Sometimes losing a player like Ramsey can actually help and Fournette was trouble.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

He was trying to manage the clock.  I liked the 3rd and 1 call.  You really should be able to pick that up.

What the pitch play?  That was a bad call.  My main gripe was the one drive after JAX either tied or pulled to within six.

I didn't mind the first down runs on the last drive (the Gost GW FG) since I understand he was trying to burn clock and to get JAX to use their TO's.  I get that and don't usually don't complain about those.

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I didn't expect a blow out but I was expecting the Titans to win.  As was pretty much everyone in the country except perhaps you and Maker84

LOL.  Your disdain for scine has taken on a new level.

He never said he wasn't expecting a win.  With everything that was against the Titans, a loss wouldn't have been a surprise.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

What the pitch play?  That was a bad call.  My main gripe was the one drive after JAX either tied or pulled to within six.

I didn't mind the first down runs on the last drive (the Gost GW FG) since I understand he was trying to burn clock and to get JAX to use their TO's.  I get that and don't usually don't complain about those.

It's always a bad call when it doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Lol stop. They ran the ball far  too often in the 2nd half when Tannehill was having a career day. The guy had 2 incompletions going into the 4th quarter. Vrabel was also super conservative in the New England playoff game. He's a defensive minded coach who goes into turtle mode sometimes. Its the one thing he needs to change to be a great HC.

This is exactly right. I appreciate he trusts his defense, but sometimes you have to keep putting points on the board. This is especially so when your QB is dicing up the defense and your defense is giving up points. If he keeps the pedal down we put up 45+. 

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Lol stop. They ran the ball far  too often in the 2nd half when Tannehill was having a career day. The guy had 2 incompletions going into the 4th quarter. Vrabel was also super conservative in the New England playoff game. He's a defensive minded coach who goes into turtle mode sometimes. Its the one thing he needs to change to be a great HC.

There was one spot in the second half, Titans with the lead and they had just got the ball.  The Jags were bunched up at the los, excellent spot to throw the ball.  Question is, who's calling the plays and are they being forced to not use PA when it's working like a charm.

Just now, patsplat said:

I disagree that running Derrick Henry on third and one against Jacksonville is a conservative call.  The Titans running game isn't executing the way it needs to in order to win games.

It's the running lanes. Denver and Jax both clogged up the running lanes for Henry and kept outside containment. He needs a hole to run through or he has to be able to run wide.

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

I disagree that running Derrick Henry on third and one against Jacksonville is a conservative call.  The Titans running game isn't executing the way it needs to in order to win games.

To be fair, I agree that's not really "conservative" call. I just hated it. Either run Henry straight at them, QB sneak it, or hit them with a deep PA fake.

Just weird when they'd ran it twice already and it didn't work either time very well.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It is funny that won both this game and the NE game. I dont completely disagree with you but both times it led to a W. Im ok with that. 

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

All game? They had Jack shit for offense in the 2nd half outside of 2 drives.

No way did I think we went uber conservative in this.  You know when we are up in the 4th quarter we are going to give it to Henry to pop one.  Especially against Jax.  Henry seemed hardly used in the first half.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic