Week 2: Jags @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not saying Tannehill is the 3rd best QB in the league but I'm also not saying he aint 

*Bongo59 has exited the chat*

Humphries is the worst free agent signing ever.

Posted Images

Just now, JT2000 said:

Disagree. They got behind and only caught up despite massive weaknesses due to our injuries on defense.

Some questionable coaching made it closer than it should have been.

I think they play 10 games and Titans win at least 8.

What was wrong with the coaching?

7 minutes ago, cenj said:

One silver lining...this will be a particularly painful loss for Jaguar fans. They got their hopes up only to watch their team blow it again.

Yes but damn if I was a Jags fan I’m still very optimistic for the future. They have a shit ton of picks and may not need a qb. If their D didn’t suck they would be pretty damn good. 

Just now, oldschool said:

Too conservative for starters...

You could always criticize calls but they went down the field most of the day.  I also think that they needed to take some time to keep their own D off the field.

The one thing I didn't like, and I usually like this, is the hurry up.  I would have preferred the offense take more time just to keep the D off the field.

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Tannehill was 18/24 for 239 with 4 TDs. Offense had no TOs.

And we barely won.

Takeaways...

1) Defense has to get better

2) Vrabel's uber-conservative nature could ultimately keep this teem from contending for a title

What was uber-conservative?

The Titans are a work in progress.  The run game is struggling on offense, compared to how they were last December and January.  The defense, mainly due to injuries, has issues in the secondary and rotating at OLB.  Still, the D stepped up on the last 2 drives with stops, the kicking game looks to be fixing itself, and Tannehill is playing great.  2-0 and the Vikings game looks a lot less scary than it did on paper. 

They can fix the problems and be ready to roll come October.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

And Minshew is good.  It was a QB battle, both QBs played excellent and the Titans somehow got the win.  I thought going in it was a 50/50 game.  I didn't like the overconfidence from some fans.

I'm still waiting for people to wake up to the reality that Minshew is a very legit QB and honestly I'm ready to say he should be their franchise QB. I know he's small, has limited arm talent, and is a 6th rounder but he just shows up. Can't talent your way into that. If not for the pick, he dices us up and at least gets to field goal range. Annoying that they found a QB so just when we open our SB window.

Just now, BudAdams said:

The Titans are a work in progress.  The run game is struggling on offense, compared to how they were last December and January.  The defense, mainly due to injuries, has issues in the secondary and rotating at OLB.  Still, the D stepped up on the last 2 drives with stops, the kicking game looks to be fixing itself, and Tannehill is playing great.  2-0 and the Vikings game looks a lot less scary than it did on paper. 

They can fix the problems and be ready to roll come October.

This is a fair take.  Better to have these problems now then later.  

• Jonboy unpinned this topic