Adam Humphries

AJClown

This guy has to be one of the most overpaid WRs in our team and the entire NFL.

He hasn't done jack shit for the money JRob has paid him too. Its either injury or being nonexistent on the field.

Worst JRob signing of his tenture here in Nashville.

We all talk about Hammy Davis Jr stepping up. But we also forget that Hump has a pretty large contract and hasnt lived up to his pay yet. Not even close.

Edited by Daqueef

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You clearly don't understand football.

Guess you missed last game....

Which is all the time, so you’re essentially saying he’s our most valuable receiver.    He’s our best target on third down and is worth every penny he’s being paid. If he’s on the field, he’s o

Posted Images

I imagine JRob envisioned more of an Edelman-type role when Humphries was signed.  Of course, that was before they drafted AJB, whose presence dramatically changed the complexion of the entire offense and their capabilities.   

One can certainly argue that he’s overpaid compared to his production ....but that’s true of most high-profile WRs free agents.  Humphries  is still a damned good slot WR and was a solid signing.  The scheme simply doesn’t emphasize the slot WR to the extent that they once expected....but I’m sure we’ll see several more games where he has a significant impact, just like week 1.

Humphries was hurt for a significant chunk of last season and had to deal with Mariota for the first half of it. 

But I think the problem with Humphries is that we also have Jonnu and Firkser who are pretty solid in the middle of the field and get open more easily against linebackers than Humph does against nickle backs. Guys like Welker and Edleman feasted in the early 2010s because they were being guarded by linebackers a ton and Tom Brady/manning were throwing to them. Those days are long gone and slot receivers have to do a lot more to get open now. Lots of teams pay nickle backs 7-10 million just to lock down guys like Humphries (Logan Ryan for example). 

He’s definitely still our most successful guy when we need 5-8 yards on a play. 

edit: this wasn’t a dig at Humphries. I’m fine with his contract and his contributions. Just giving reasons to tamper your expectations of him having 100 catches and 1500 yards.

Edited by Thrill

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Which is all the time, so you’re essentially saying he’s our most valuable receiver. 

He’s our best target on third down and is worth every penny he’s being paid. If he’s on the field, he’s open. If he gets a target, it’s a catch. 

I think AJ is more valuable since Humphries doesn’t typically even get targeted 1st or 2nd down and he can turn a 15 yard pass into a 60 yarder.

But yes I think having a safety valve like Humphries is worth every penny. Our offense is pretty much constructed of huge YAC guys in Jonnu, CD, and Brown and then guys who will grind out 5 yards for your in Humph and Henry. Pretty great roster building if you ask me. 

Edited by Thrill