• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This country... can't even mourn an American Icon without fighting over her body and her seat. We are pathetic.

The ACA is the Republican health bill from the 90s. It's Mitt Romney's Republican law from Massachusetts in the early 00s.    Yet when Obama brought up the same law, suddenly it became a "go

I actually think it could be a good idea. The life time appointments were supposed to depolitize the Judiciary assuming both parties would use the powers of congress to vet potential judges and ensure

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

If the Dems don’t eliminate the filibuster and get shit passed into law they are going to get killed.

Is that the libtard hope?  End the filibuster so the Republicans can reverse every single law the Dems passed and ram their own ones through, once they regain power, which they will.  

15 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Is that the libtard hope?  End the filibuster so the Republicans can reverse every single law the Dems passed and ram their own ones through, once they regain power, which they will.  

Republicans will be able to do it, too, whoever they next have the ability. But gridlock has made Congress unworkable.

27 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'll just stop voting

I think this is one of the reasons lots of people stopped voting in general. Congress does nothing while people continue to struggle financially. People hate government and don’t bother to vote, which is exactly what the Republicans want.

But if the Dems don’t eliminate the filibuster this time, they deserve to lose.

Just now, Starkiller said:

You know SCOGOP will overturn that...

They probably will rule before she is confirmed I'd think. I hope. 

Hearings don't even start until Oct 12. 

Edited by tgo
17 minutes ago, tgo said:

They probably will rule before she is confirmed I'd think. I hope. 

Hearings don't even start until Oct 12. 

Doesn’t matter. They were already overturning mail in voting options from places like WI. Roberts is going to side with the other conservatives.

Edited by Starkiller
On 9/27/2020 at 5:30 PM, Starkiller said:

I think this is one of the reasons lots of people stopped voting in general. Congress does nothing while people continue to struggle financially. People hate government and don’t bother to vote, which is exactly what the Republicans want.

But if the Dems don’t eliminate the filibuster this time, they deserve to lose.

100%.  We finally agree without reservation on something.  They must get in to office and make an appreciable difference in the average person's existence or face the consequences of becoming irrelevant.  The Republicans message better but the Dems have an opportunity to deliver on substance.  If they can string together some policies that win, and do so without it being completely watered down by having to negotiate with the GOP, they have a chance to build an actual base going forward instead of hoping several factions don't hate each other so much that they undermine themselves. 

On 9/29/2020 at 4:33 PM, tgo said:

I get the notion of putting up a fight, but I see no way of winning that fight.  The GOP made that fight, because they knew a new justice could not be nominated on their watch.  If they lost, it was a fight worth having.  So it was balls to the walls opposition.  

This isn't the same thing because the GOP holds the Senate.  There is no fight to be had by democrats.  They can object as much as they want right until the vote hits the floor.  If someone can show a path that puts off the nomination, I'm all ears. 

Otherwise, they need to accept the lose and let the nomination happen.  Vote no and be done with it.  A non-confirmation on election day only emboldens the GOP and gives them more ammo.