RBG died

Starkiller

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

When you were 20? How about months ago? 

This very primary you spoke of not voting for the democratic nominee and voting down ballot Republican if Sanders was the nominee. 

Now you're preaching voter responsibility, the importance of this election, no excuses with what's on the line with "the worst and most vile presidential candidate of all time".

Ouch. The truth hurts. I remember talking him off that ledge, like man come on are you serious? Kind of funny how hard Biden slanted left after the primaries to essentially take on a huge part of Warren and Sanders’ platform. 

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This country... can't even mourn an American Icon without fighting over her body and her seat. We are pathetic.

The ACA is the Republican health bill from the 90s. It's Mitt Romney's Republican law from Massachusetts in the early 00s.    Yet when Obama brought up the same law, suddenly it became a "go

@TennesseeTuxedo   Hey Tux.  She's really dead this time.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

I mean, Roe is pretty far down on the list of things the Supreme Court will rule on that I actually care about.  Much more interested in how they rule on voter laws, gun laws, discrimination laws, and such.

A lot of gun control laws will be struck down. She really hates the new red flag laws that have become popular in recent years and have been bipartisan. 

Voting rights will be curtailed. 

Discrimination laws will be too. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

When you were 20? How about months ago? 

This very primary you spoke of not voting for the democratic nominee and voting down ballot Republican if Sanders was the nominee. 

Now you're preaching voter responsibility, the importance of this election, no excuses with what's on the line with "the worst and most vile presidential candidate of all time".

There’s no way I would think twice about voting for Sanders and all Dems down ballot with what is happening in the country this year and what Trump and his sycophant party is doing to our democracy. It was bad before, but now it is defcon 10. My calculus has changed, the stakes are even higher now. 

I’d happily vote for Bernie against these people, happily. I watched Bernie’s speech the other day and have gone out of my way to watch several of his recent interviews. 

And as I just mentioned the other day, not only am I voting for an uber progressive MFA proponent in my district, I’ve even donated to them of late. Normally I totally disagree with this kind of politician, she will be an extension of the squad essentially when she is elected, yet I’m supporting her without reservation due to the state of the nation now. 

I change my mind as circumstances change and as data/evidence is presented, that’s what open minded people do. I’m not a stubborn ideologue. 

And like I said, some of what I said was heat of battle stuff, I quickly adapted my tune. 

Edited by tgo

2 hours ago, tgo said:

There’s no way I would think twice about voting for Sanders and all Dems down ballot with what is happening in the country this year and what Trump and his sycophant party is doing to our democracy. It was bad before, but now it is defcon 10. My calculus has changed, the stakes are even higher now. 

I change my mind as circumstances change and as data/evidence is presented, that’s what open minded people do. I’m not a stubborn ideologue. 

No Trump and the Republicans were traitorous shit the whole time, you needed more evidence? lol

The real difference is Biden won the primary. Had Sanders won who knows what you'd be posting or saying now. 

You considered not voting for the Dem candidate because you're open minded? LOL hahahahaha WTF were you waiting to see?

You were spouting off Republican talking points through the primaries too 

11 minutes ago, tgo said:

Your definition of “Republican talking points” is anything that isn’t far left. 

Biden shifted towards my view points, not yours. Universal healthcare, student loan forgiveness, a green new deal isn't far left stuff unless you're a sucker for Republican talking points. 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Biden shifted towards my view points, not yours. Universal healthcare, student loan forgiveness, a green new deal isn't far left stuff unless you're a sucker for Republican talking points. 

Biden has pointedly defied the Green New Deal, even recently, and does not support MFA. 

Neither of those things will happen anytime in the near future. 

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Nah, everything you say about the Green New Deal is complete Fox News tripe.

What I know about it is the same thing that Joe Biden knows about it - it calls for an immediate fracking ban, which would lose Pennsylvania and Ohio straight up. It’s why he gets asked about fracking every time he’s in PA. 

It’s a political loser in terms of the electoral college, and we cant afford that right now. 

30 minutes ago, tgo said:

Biden has pointedly defied the Green New Deal, even recently, and does not support MFA. 

Neither of those things will happen anytime in the near future. 

I said he "shifted" my way, "shifted. I didn't say he fully embraced a progressive view. You have too. 

Considering where he came from it's a major change. 

If he doesn't back it up and go progressive if elected the Dems will get killed 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I said he "shifted" my way, "shifted. I didn't say he fully embraced a progressive view. You have too. 

Considering where he came from it's a major change. 

If he doesn't back it up and go progressive if elected the Dems will get killed 

If the Dems don’t eliminate the filibuster and get shit passed into law they are going to get killed.