RBG died

Starkiller

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This country... can't even mourn an American Icon without fighting over her body and her seat. We are pathetic.

The ACA is the Republican health bill from the 90s. It's Mitt Romney's Republican law from Massachusetts in the early 00s.    Yet when Obama brought up the same law, suddenly it became a "go

@TennesseeTuxedo   Hey Tux.  She's really dead this time.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

To be clear since eeyore likes to be pedantic. Any liberal who stayed home in 2016 is to blame. Acting like progressives and Sanders supporters didn't play a part laughable.

What about the suburban voters who dwarf the liberals and waited until 2018 to realize how terrible Trump was?

I don't know whether or not this will make sense but it's also interesting to me that the same resilience and self-determined and leadership qualities that define Ruth's accomplishments also played into her desire not to step down as she aged and her health deteriorated. I think people will look at that as she failed to play the game. Because, in terms of the political game, she failed by not stepping down during Obama's term, as many expected her to, and now her death may well seal the fate of Roe v Wade. But I think that's the more cynical view and the reality is that she saw the job, determined she could do the job and just continued doing it without sacrificing anything on behalf of a game.

Just now, Jamalisms said:

Romney is a wild card here and I still think he should have been the vice president. Not that it would have been progressive in any way but it would have been pragmatic as hell.

Where are the votes? Romney, Collins, and the one from Alaska? They need a 4th.

7 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Romney is a wild card here and I still think he should have been the vice president. Not that it would have been progressive in any way but it would have been pragmatic as hell.

Seems like to me that Lindsey Graham might be a wild card.  Last poll had him in a tie race.

Tom Tillis is also in a tight race in NC and losing slightly. 

Joni Ernst in Iowa isn't exactly home free. Nor is Daines  in Montana.

These guys may not want to go on the record right now.  There is risk to them no matter which way they declare.

Edited by ctm

23 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Yup and the progressive will never own it. 100K people in 3 states gave us Donald Trump who in turn is going to put 3 Coservative Justices on the court for 30+ years. When Roe V Wade and the ACA get overturned we'll know who to blame. 

Still not correct. Find another scapegoat. 

4 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I don't know whether or not this will make sense but it's also interesting to me that the same resilience and self-determined and leadership qualities that define Ruth's accomplishments also played into her desire not to step down as she aged and her health deteriorated. I think people will look at that as she failed to play the game. Because, in terms of the political game, she failed by not stepping down during Obama's term, as many expected her to, and now her death may well seal the fate of Roe v Wade. But I think that's the more cynical view and the reality is that she saw the job, determined she could do the job and just continued doing it without sacrificing anything on behalf of a game.

I'll ask you the same question I asked @Titans279. When? As soon as Scalia died and McConnell blocked Garland she had no choice. 

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Where are the votes? Romney, Collins, and the one from Alaska? They need a 4th.

I don't think there's any reasonable chance that a new justice isn't confirmed. But people were listing names of senators who might not support a new justice and I think Romney should be on that list