Ryan Tannehill: King of the 4th Quarter Comeback?

Jonboy

12 minutes ago, cshumak2 said:

I mean, I would prefer if we didn't always need a 4th quarter comeback, but at least we have been pretty successful when we do

Yep, that’s what having a real NFL QB does for you. For years and years we were the Monday night Broncos losing games at rhe end of the 4.th quarter. 

If you open up the tweet in Jon's posting above it has the following:

"A more effective passing game adds balance to the Titans' offense, especially late in games, when teams focus on stopping Henry. Tannehill's 34 passing yards and Henry's 33 rushing yards in the game-winning drive Monday provide a good example of that balance."

We used both pass and run to not only get the ball downfield but also kill clock. I don't know why there seems to be the effort to minimize Tannehill's achievement because Henry also contributed. Henry's longest run of the game was "only" 13 yards and it was on that drive. (I say only because we've been spoiled by his breaking longer ones.) I am not minimizing Henry's contribution - I am saying that Tannehill has made a difference.

1 hour ago, JT2000 said:

If you open up the tweet in Jon's posting above it has the following:

"A more effective passing game adds balance to the Titans' offense, especially late in games, when teams focus on stopping Henry. Tannehill's 34 passing yards and Henry's 33 rushing yards in the game-winning drive Monday provide a good example of that balance."

We used both pass and run to not only get the ball downfield but also kill clock. I don't know why there seems to be the effort to minimize Tannehill's achievement because Henry also contributed. Henry's longest run of the game was "only" 13 yards and it was on that drive. (I say only because we've been spoiled by his breaking longer ones.) I am not minimizing Henry's contribution - I am saying that Tannehill has made a difference.

Fair or unfair, Tannehill is going to have to have a few 350+ yard/4 or 5 touchdown games to start getting the kind of shine he deserves. The national narrative was "this is Derrick Henry's offense" before the game and the course of Monday night's game didn't do anything to dispel that.

I hope he puts up one of those monster performances this Sunday just to open people's eyes. The weather will be in full cooperation to help. 72 for a high, low humidity, brilliant cloudless blue skies. Great ass-kicking atmosphere.

What's cool about the comeback stat, is that the Titans are currently capable of not only coming back in games, but also opening up a nice lead to start the game, as we all saw last postseason.  The AJ / Davis WR combo is nice, but would love to have our version of Tyreek Hill to take that top off, if need be.  Until they get that type of guy, I kinda doubt we can pull a comeback like the Chiefs did against the Texans last postseason.  A lot of Mahomie in that one also though.

Well, certainly a competent QB makes a difference, but I think the team just believes in themselves and they go into do or die mentality.  

How many points have been left on the field due to missed kicks last season plus last games?  Is this stat available?  

Archived