Imagine that...we have a well respected poster (Jonboy) advocating for more transparency, meanwhile we have Jamal saying he isn't going to explain his reasoning outside of fellow moderators and the board owner.  I don't know about Guru, but I do know that the majority of moderators lean hard left, and their tendency to view differing opinions as 'racist' makes that a rather ambiguous thing to ban people for. 

I personally left the politics forum after several of our 'trustworthy' moderators kept attacking me and my previous employer for things they knew nothing about, yet loved making gross exaggerations to try skewing other people's opinions.  I can only assume that the politics forum is primarily the echo chamber all liberals long for, especially those in the liberal clan here on TR. 

As for Jamal and his attempt to blame this on the political right:  go fuck yourself, you self-righteous little prick.  I'm not even on the right anymore, but the douchy condescension just oozes from your posts.  The fact you are a moderator here really illustrates the problems and why we do need more transparency. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

4 posters have been banned. All four were extremist in their nature and their posting styles, 3 conservatives and 1 ultra liberal. Their politics had nothing to do with it and all four were given even treatment and warned repeatedly. Politics has nothing to do with extremism, as shown by who was banned and why. 

So we are supposed to just take you and Jamal's word for it? 

If you don't understand why that sounds super-shady, you are more out of touch than I thought.

Just now, IowaOiler said:

If you don't understand why that sounds super-shady, you are more out of touch than I thought.

I’m not a moderator. I saw 3 of the 4 posts that led to the bans. Jake was openly threatening posters, several times over. The same for TGLC. Sox, after being warned, made an openly racist post. I didn’t see the post from RT but he was openly hostile and racist. And to be honest I don’t give two fucks if you believe me. I saw the posts. They got what they deserved. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not a moderator. I saw 3 of the 4 posts that led to the bans. Jake was openly threatening posters, several times over. The same for TGLC. Sox, after being warned, made an openly racist post. I didn’t see the post from RT but he was openly hostile and racist. And to be honest I don’t give two fucks if you believe me. I saw the posts. They got what they deserved. 

Good, because I think you're full of shit 90% of the time, so will side with that percentage on this.

Just now, IowaOiler said:

Good, because I think you're full of shit 90% of the time, so will side with that percentage on this.

I don’t believe we’ve ever even argued before, but good to know. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t believe we’ve ever even argued before, but good to know. 

Shortly after I left the politics forum, I decided to stop arguing with people I don't respect. 

17 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Imagine that...we have a well respected poster (Jonboy) advocating for more transparency, meanwhile we have Jamal saying he isn't going to explain his reasoning outside of fellow moderators and the board owner.  I don't know about Guru, but I do know that the majority of moderators lean hard left, and their tendency to view differing opinions as 'racist' makes that a rather ambiguous thing to ban people for. 

I personally left the politics forum after several of our 'trustworthy' moderators kept attacking me and my previous employer for things they knew nothing about, yet loved making gross exaggerations to try skewing other people's opinions.  I can only assume that the politics forum is primarily the echo chamber all liberals long for, especially those in the liberal clan here on TR. 

As for Jamal and his attempt to blame this on the political right:  go fuck yourself, you self-righteous little prick.  I'm not even on the right anymore, but the douchy condescension just oozes from your posts.  The fact you are a moderator here really illustrates the problems and why we do need more transparency. 

I agree with your take on Jamal and his pretentiousness but you can't go around calling people half breeds and other racist shit repeatedly. Sox had a long history of saying racist shit. He was warned and continued saying it.

3 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Shortly after I left the politics forum, I decided to stop arguing with people I don't respect. 

I’m honestly not sure where the animosity stems from, but that’s fine and noted. 

Just now, Jamalisms said:

Just to be clear:

It doesn't matter whose word you take. You don't get a say. Your opinion is irrelevant. Make up whatever story you want. Or listen and learn about reality. Doesn't matter.

Yeah, this is the problem.  It's why we have more shitty posters and fewer good ones.  Guru's biggest mistake was giving you a single ounce of authority on this board. 

2 minutes ago, WG53 said:

I agree with your take on Jamal and his pretentiousness but you can't go around calling people half breeds and other racist shit repeatedly. Sox had a long history of saying racist shit. He was warned and continued saying it.

I'm not debating that he said those types of things, but permitting someone like Jamal to have the power to decide what constitutes a 'racist' post is a recipe for disaster. 

13 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

We've had our disagreements I know but other than Jake's ban, as I didn't see what preceded his ban, the other 3 absolutely deserved it. Their politics be damned you can't say that shit.