Where did Soxcat go?

Number9

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn’t ban him but completely trust the judgment of the people who can make these decisions. We aren’t aiming for super “woke” here and I wouldn’t be on a site like that. Just general human decency.

I lean right on several issues and argue quite fervently in the political forum.  I've never been called a Nazi and no one has ever suggested I am racist other than rolltide.     I disagreed

One of those people pretty much called me a Nazi after being e-friends for nearly a decade so I do question it.  Just saying.     And, to edit, when the moderation crew basically all skews to t

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Mercalius said:

I’ve never been a Soxcat apologist - but it does seem fishy that of all years when the political rhetoric and divisiveness is at an all time high he all of a sudden vanishes.  With most of us not knowing why.  ?‍♂️

Those of you who don't know why must not have been reading the politics forum.  It was plainly obvious for anyone who saw what he was posting.

And as Jamal stated, there was a very blatant warning to the entire politics forum that racist posts would result in a ban.

7 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I don't want to speak for anyone else but these guys were over the top, intentionally provoking specific people and were warned many times.  Hell, Jamal pinned a post to the very top of the Politics forum.  

Have we all made sexist and cruel jokes on here?  Yes, but almost all of that was pointed at a situation that had nothing to do with anyone here and not a person or member of the community.  Also, many of those comments were nothing more than someone's dedicated persona or inside joke.  

Many of the things guys like Thor, Roll, and Sox said were deliberately inflammatory, overtly racist, and directed at specific individuals.  Libtards, video's offering a slurred point of view, or even straight up propaganda are one thing.  Calling someone the 'n' word because you don't like them or their political views is quite another.  I don't care what anyone says, that ain't the same as people making fun of the Todd Heap situation, a famous person, and a guy who none of us will ever meet.  If we did, there would be a drastically different tone to the conversation I'm sure.  

Just my two cents.  I'll let others explain better than I can.  

Good to know. I would still argue for more transparency though. Maybe if there was a way for people who don't venture into the politics forum to see why folks were banned. As I mentioned, I have no idea as I never go in there. I know some boards I visit still list the board member and their posts, but their name is grayed out, says "banned," and also with a brief explanation as to why. 

And btw...no, I don't believe I've ever made a cruel or sexist joke here, thank you ?

35 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I had an idea some of this was happening, but mostly wanted to ignore it. Like many of you, I'm just here to talk Titans football. I largely ignore the Politics forum and only occasionally even hop into Off-Topic.

So I can't speak to why specific posts were hidden and/or posters banned. I only ever use my mod permissions to merge threads, move threads, and remove spam posts.

That being said - from my perspective - I do think we need more transparency on this. Like Guru said, he trusts the mods' judgement, but I think it would help the board as a whole if everyone knew specifically what is off grounds and what isn't. It's already been pointed out in this thread how one can interpret something as racism and others do not.

It's difficult because we're in very strange times as a society. I understand emotions are running high on both sides of the political aisle and everything in between. Then you have a message board that for its entire existence has said "anything goes." Combine that with a moderation group that was really more of a title than an actual job with specific duties and you get what's happening here. We've had more bans in the past year than in the entire site's existence going all the way back to the old site, as far as I know.

So to sum it up...I agree clear, overt and repeated racism should not be tolerated...even on a site where mostly everything goes. I do think there should be more transparency and clarity for the board on what defines "clear, overt racism." I also believe posters should be warned about their behavior first with a clear explanation on how they broke the rules and how it will be met with a ban in the future.

Jake was banned for overtly threatening people. Same goes for TGLC (hardcore leftist btw). RT and Sox were banned after repeated warnings for overtly racist statements. It really couldn’t be any clearer. Don’t be a racist prick and don’t threaten other board members. It’s the easiest moderation to follow. It’s pretty clear in my mind. 

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I find it funny that when someone gets banned they make another username. They should be perma banned and shouldn't be allowed to make another username.

Would that even be possible if they're using a different email and from a different IP?

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I find it funny that when someone gets banned they make another username. They should be perma banned and shouldn't be allowed to make another username.

Some people are rather persistent but we re-ban when notified / confirmed. Feel free to report this when you notice it.

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Jake was banned for overtly threatening people. Same goes for TGLC (hardcore leftist btw). RT and Sox were banned after repeated warnings for overtly racist statements. It really couldn’t be any clearer. Don’t be a racist prick and don’t threaten other board members. It’s the easiest moderation to follow. It’s pretty clear in my mind. 

But don't you see how the majority of us are only learning about it from your post (or others) here? I mean, it's what started the thread in the first place. @Number9 asking what happened to Sox.

I'm saying I feel like that should be made visible on the board in some form so we don't have situations where people are wondering what happened to a certain poster. They could just go to their profile and see "Oh, dude was banned for threatening another poster. I get it." and move on instead of wondering or having to make a thread.

I did also mention warning them and making it obvious as to what's against the rules. Sounds like that was already handled in the politics forum, so fair enough.

7 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

But don't you see how the majority of us are only learning about it from your post (or others) here? I mean, it's what started the thread in the first place. @Number9 asking what happened to Sox.

I'm saying I feel like that should be made visible on the board in some form so we don't have situations where people are wondering what happened to a certain poster. They could just go to their profile and see "Oh, dude was banned for threatening another poster. I get it." and move on instead of wondering or having to make a thread.

I did also mention warning them and making it obvious as to what's against the rules. Sounds like that was already handled in the politics forum, so fair enough.

While I'm fine with creating a board of shame, it also seems like a waste of time. This is pretty simple:

Where's Soxcat?

He got banned.

Oh, ok.

2 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

While I'm fine with creating a board of shame, it also seems like a waste of time. This is pretty simple:

Where's Soxcat?

He got banned.

Oh, ok.

No board of shame needed. Should just be visible on their TR profile, which still exists even though all posts are apparently removed/hidden.