Where did Soxcat go?

Number9

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You two need to go on a forced Caribbean vacation together.

I could care less. A lot less, actually. I'm very sad for him and the path he's been going down. But I started dating other people a long time ago. One of us is caught up in this and it's not me. Though, I've never been one to resist replying.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn’t ban him but completely trust the judgment of the people who can make these decisions. We aren’t aiming for super “woke” here and I wouldn’t be on a site like that. Just general human decency.

I lean right on several issues and argue quite fervently in the political forum.  I've never been called a Nazi and no one has ever suggested I am racist other than rolltide.     I disagreed

One of those people pretty much called me a Nazi after being e-friends for nearly a decade so I do question it.  Just saying.     And, to edit, when the moderation crew basically all skews to t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

4 posters have been banned. All four were extremist in their nature and their posting styles, 3 conservatives and 1 ultra liberal. Their politics had nothing to do with it and all four were given even treatment and warned repeatedly. Politics has nothing to do with extremism, as shown by who was banned and why. 

Was Thor banned?

2 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Not sure why you’re debating it. 

That's the best part. I'm not.

I dispute it but you can believe what you want. There is no amount of evidence I care to (can, really) provide and no discussion to have about it beyond just saying you are welcome to believe the reality that you wish to believe.

And you can't even let that be enough.

1 minute ago, Jamalisms said:

That's the best part. I'm not.

I dispute it but you can believe what you want. There is no amount of evidence I care to (can, really) provide and no discussion to have about it beyond just saying you are welcome to believe the reality that you wish to believe.

And you can't even let that be enough.

This is a weird thing to argue but I promise you you’re misremembering.  It’s trivial and unimportant but I 100% know I’m right.  Not sure how or why you’ve convinced yourself otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Mercalius said:

That’s the worrying part.  I’m not a fan of the posters in question.  No clue what they said.  I do know from what I had read from them that it’s very likely they crossed a line.  

But, the bannings seem fishy with the timing and all seemingly stemming from one person. 99% of the posters here aren’t racist but when one person seems to appoint themselves as a moral arbiter and enforce a rule that’s largely never been enforced here during one of the most socially divisive times we’ve ever been a part of....it has the appearance of being sketchy.  Whether it is actually sketchy or not. And my own bias because of recent-ish interactions amplify that skepticism.   

Regardless, the political landscape here and grudges formed as a result of the disagreements have personally made my enthusiasm and engagement in the forum dip way down.  Worse than any other time.  Awful seasons, forum instability, regrettable drunken posts....personally nothing has hit my enjoyment of this place more than the political discourse.  Not sure there’s a fix for that honestly rather than just staying mum and pretending that the sub forums don’t exist.  

I think you know exactly what they did.  No racist talk.  I had apologized to Soxcat for something I said to him in the Politics forum.  That's when we got to be more friendly to each other.  He had even quit going to the Politics forum.  This was a while ago.  The problem I think people like you have is when you are with like minded people they use racist language all the time.  So it's acceptable to you.  

It's not acceptable to the victims of it, especially when for hundreds of years those people just had to take it.  Now we have people who will stand up and say NO.  I am glad.  I am happy to see that other people don't want to see black people have to listen to vile racist comments.  It's not right and you m should feel it's not right either.  I have family members who have right leaning views, but they are not okay with racist talk.  "but, but, what did he say?"  As if by repeating it you could say, "ah, that ain't that bad."  

So can the bullshit.  It's just sad that people who follow a sport that has 65% black players don't have the decency to respect them.  We used to have players who came here, Titans players.  Then we had their family members who came.  There were probably more of them and family members who checked the site from time to time.  Do you want them to view Titans fans as people who tolerate racism toward them?  So, just put a sweaty sock in it with "all the mods are leftist bs."

4 hours ago, BudAdams said:

This is actually a pretty good example. I wouldn’t inherently think it’s racist if a person sites statistics that support their position on an issue. Others would. That is a much grayer  area in my opinion than the use of racial slurs or citing that one group of people is a master race, etc.  I also think some people are more easily offended than others.  That’s why we have terms like Karen and woke.

I’d also point out that racism on TR is essentially defined as white/black relations.  Asians Muslims folks from the Middle East, are all fair game when there’s definitely been racist rhetoric thrown around. The same for sexism. How many people on here including moderators were talking about how Amy Adams must’ve been fucking Mularkey back in the day.  Even Dianna Russini was slandered on her as she routinely broke Titan stories some didn’t like......

As stated earlier, I think the depravity and lack of moderation on here actually makes TR and it’s predecessor unique and good.  I don’t think there should be any moderation to be honest because we know it won’t be applied consistently.

Most of your points are good one's here but the Russini take is laughable.  People accusing her of sucking off people for leads definitely does have some validity to it as she was accused of fucking the Redskins GM by his wife.  I'm sure the wife just picked poor Russini's name out of a hat...

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

I think you know exactly what they did.  No racist talk.  I had apologized to Soxcat for something I said to him in the Politics forum.  That's when we got to be more friendly to each other.  He had even quit going to the Politics forum.  This was a while ago.  The problem I think people like you have is when you are with like minded people they use racist language all the time.  So it's acceptable to you.  

It's not acceptable to the victims of it, especially when for hundreds of years those people just had to take it.  Now we have people who will stand up and say NO.  I am glad.  I am happy to see that other people don't want to see black people have to listen to vile racist comments.  It's not right and you m should feel it's not right either.  I have family members who have right leaning views, but they are not okay with racist talk.  "but, but, what did he say?"  As if by repeating it you could say, "ah, that ain't that bad."  

So can the bullshit.  It's just sad that people who follow a sport that has 65% black players don't have the decency to respect them.  We used to have players who came here, Titans players.  Then we had their family members who came.  There were probably more of them and family members who checked the site from time to time.  Do you want them to view Titans fans as people who tolerate racism toward them?  So, just put a sweaty sock in it with "all the mods are leftist bs."

What the actual fuck?

Just now, japan said:

Most of your points are good one's here but the Russini take is laughable.  People accusing her of sucking off people for leads definitely does have some validity to it as she was accused of fucking the Redskins GM by his wife.  I'm sure the wife just picked poor Russini's name out of a hat...

Does it have any validity or is it another example of sexism against female journalists?  After all, this all happened in the midst of the power struggle between the GM and Bruce Allen.

Nevertheless, the idea that TR stands for general human decency is pretty comical. 

1 minute ago, Mercalius said:

What the actual fuck?

I won't spend time with you.  I speak plain English.  Read my post again.  Then read it again.  If you don't understand, keep repeating the process.

Just now, BudAdams said:

Does it have any validity or is it another example of sexism against female journalists?  After all, this all happened in the midst of the power struggle between the GM and Bruce Allen.

Nevertheless, the idea that TR stands for general human decency is pretty comical. 

I mean the wife is the one who made the claim. 

Anyways, your take is pretty laughable. Guru knows what the forum is. He’s saying don’t direct any of that in a racist manner or towards fellow posters. He’s saying he agrees with the bans even if he doesn’t like to see them take place. Once again, this isn’t complicated.