Where did Soxcat go?

Number9

1 minute ago, IowaOiler said:

I'm not debating that he said those types of things, but permitting someone like Jamal to have the power to decide what constitutes a 'racist' post is a recipe for disaster. 

Oh I agree. I don't think he should ever have been made a mod.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn’t ban him but completely trust the judgment of the people who can make these decisions. We aren’t aiming for super “woke” here and I wouldn’t be on a site like that. Just general human decency.

I lean right on several issues and argue quite fervently in the political forum.  I've never been called a Nazi and no one has ever suggested I am racist other than rolltide.     I disagreed

One of those people pretty much called me a Nazi after being e-friends for nearly a decade so I do question it.  Just saying.     And, to edit, when the moderation crew basically all skews to t

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, WG53 said:

We've had our disagreements I know but other than Jake's ban, as I didn't see what preceded his ban, the other 3 absolutely deserved it. Their politics be damned you can't say that shit.

Jake was not only overly racist, he was baiting other posters to come to games to fight them. Dude had/has issues. 

People who don't pay attention:

"We really need to have a better policy for moderators to tell us what's going on."

People who do pay attention and aren't moderators:

"I know exactly what happened. This is what happened."

People who don't pay attention:

"I'm just supposed to take your word and the word of moderators over the story I made up with no basis? Never."

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

It's difficult because we're in very strange times as a society. I understand emotions are running high on both sides of the political aisle and everything in between. Then you have a message board that for its entire existence has said "anything goes." Combine that with a moderation group that was really more of a title than an actual job with specific duties and you get what's happening here. We've had more bans in the past year than in the entire site's existence going all the way back to the old site, as far as I know.

So to sum it up...I agree clear, overt and repeated racism should not be tolerated...even on a site where mostly everything goes. I do think there should be more transparency and clarity for the board on what defines "clear, overt racism." I also believe posters should be warned about their behavior first with a clear explanation on how they broke the rules and how it will be met with a ban in the future.

That’s the worrying part.  I’m not a fan of the posters in question.  No clue what they said.  I do know from what I had read from them that it’s very likely they crossed a line.  

But, the bannings seem fishy with the timing and all seemingly stemming from one person. 99% of the posters here aren’t racist but when one person seems to appoint themselves as a moral arbiter and enforce a rule that’s largely never been enforced here during one of the most socially divisive times we’ve ever been a part of....it has the appearance of being sketchy.  Whether it is actually sketchy or not. And my own bias because of recent-ish interactions amplify that skepticism.   

Regardless, the political landscape here and grudges formed as a result of the disagreements have personally made my enthusiasm and engagement in the forum dip way down.  Worse than any other time.  Awful seasons, forum instability, regrettable drunken posts....personally nothing has hit my enjoyment of this place more than the political discourse.  Not sure there’s a fix for that honestly rather than just staying mum and pretending that the sub forums don’t exist.  

26 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Yeah, this is the problem.  It's why we have more shitty posters and fewer good ones.  Guru's biggest mistake was giving you a single ounce of authority on this board. 

Every single web forum is a dictatorship. Sooner you realize that the easier it is to just accept and move on. Not calling Guru an ass or anything. Just how forums work. Owner decides the rules and how lenient they are or enforce them. Funny how many people don't realize this. Some mods do explain because they feel like it. Others don't. Don't like it? Leave.  No one is owed anything on a free for you forum. This place costs them money. Costs you diddly shit.

6 hours ago, Justafan said:

I lean right on several issues and argue quite fervently in the political forum.  I've never been called a Nazi and no one has ever suggested I am racist other than rolltide.  

I disagreed with Jamal about the kneeling thing when it first started happening.  We aired those disagreements.  He never edited my comments or threatened to ban me or anything.  

From my point of view, the guys who got banned brought it on themselves.  They were overtly spreading hate and got far more rope than they deserved. 

This is because you aren't all red pilled, newly seeing the light, up Tim Poole and Andy Ngo's ass, with the sensitivity of a pecker head, hair-trigger ready for any LIBZ to treat you oh so poorly in order to prove your new priors. 

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

There's nothing sketchy about it.  All of the bannings were well deserved, long overdue, and only happened after multiple warnings.

Your lack of presence (or absence) when it happened doesn't make it sketchy.  And if you can't take the word of those of us who are speaking up in defense of Jamal, perhaps this isn't the place for you to continue posting.

This is the attitude that people have a problem with.  Just saying.  Even Jonboy was advocating for more transparency and you’re taking the “don’t like it, leave” route.  

I'm just going to say this:

It's rather remarkable to me that intelligent people can note how the tone and conduct of people engaging in political discussions has deteriorated and then, at the same time, question why a new rule about overt racism needed to be added and enforced. The timing is not suspect. The timing is exactly explained by what was noted.

It's also rather remarkable to me that intelligent people can note that the people who are banned are undoubtedly racist and shared such things as align with the ban but that, because of an admitted personal grudge against the person enforcing rules, they think the bans might be questionable ... and they think that's persuasive.

3 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I'm just going to say this:

It's rather remarkable to me that intelligent people can note how the tone and conduct of people engaging in political discussions has deteriorated and then, at the same time, question why a new rule about overt racism needed to be added and enforced. The timing is not suspect. The timing is exactly explained by what was noted.

It's also rather remarkable to me that intelligent people can note that the people who are banned are undoubtedly racist and shared such things as align with the ban but that, because of an admitted personal grudge against the person enforcing rules, they think the bans might be questionable ... and they think that's persuasive.

Dude you literally implied I was racist lol.  And not as a rando on the Internet.  You were privy to personal information about me for nearly a decade.  But when it fit the narrative in the discussion to go low, that’s exactly where it went.   Why on Earth would I ever question what you view as racist? 

29 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

This is the attitude that people have a problem with.  Just saying.  Even Jonboy was advocating for more transparency and you’re taking the “don’t like it, leave” route.  

There was plenty of transparency.  Aside from Jamal being required to notify the entire board that someone was banned, what Jonboy asked for is pretty close to what actually happened.  But again, if you and Jonboy weren't around, you wouldn't have seen the transparent process that led to the ban.

So again, feel free to leave if you can't accept the word of a bunch of long time posters.

Edited by abenjami

6 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Dude you literally implied I was racist lol.

Your posts implied it, actually.

But that's beyond the point. You know those people were racist. You know they posted racist things. You said as much. That you are still upset by my reaction to your posts isn't a credible complaint about these bans.