I always saw him as a friend.  Maybe I am dumb for thinking that, but a lot of us have been around here for a long time.  The country has gone crazy in four years.  Sad if he believed God was creating inferior people. Strange the people who love football and hate black people.  imo, people don't believe in their heart of hearts all the bullshit that comes out of their mouths.  Maybe let him come back and he only can talk about football.  

11 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

I didn’t ban him but completely trust the judgment of the people who can make these decisions. We aren’t aiming for super “woke” here and I wouldn’t be on a site like that. Just general human decency.

All the people banned who I have seen and observed their behavior needed to go.  This board is very lenient.  If a person gets thrown out of here, they would never fit into a corporate environment.  Most of those people worship corporate America, family values and unborn babies, seems like they would be the last to lack common decency and courtesy for all people.

2 hours ago, Downtown said:

He might have gotten the racist ban hammer. I do recall that he was legitimately and repugnantly trying to argue that black people were genetically inferior to other human-beings. 

Hahaha wow 😂. I know I shouldn't laugh at that. People are crazy.

Edited by Makaveli

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

I always saw him as a friend.  Maybe I am dumb for thinking that, but a lot of us have been around here for a long time.  The country has gone crazy in four years.  Sad if he believed God was creating inferior people. Strange the people who love football and hate black people.  imo, people don't believe in their heart of hearts all the bullshit that comes out of their mouths.  Maybe let him come back and he only can talk about football.  

I think there's some truth to that. I know a lot of folks, especially on boards, will argue just about any point. Maybe he isn't racist -- who knows. I guess he'll need to make a new account and build a new reputation.

My son told a racist joke to a guy he was playing Fortnite with two days ago. I wanted to fucking kill him. I tried to explain to him why it wasn't cool to tell those jokes because they're hurtful and offensive and also argued from the perspective of reputation. (My son is 100% not racist. One of his best friend's is black, and to my knowledge, he's never been exposed to racism by family or friends.) To be fair, he would tell a joke about any race, because he doesn't have a filter. 

You can't unsay things in life, and as Marilyn Monroe said, "People may not always remember what you said, but they'll never forget how you made them feel."

12 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I think there's some truth to that. I know a lot of folks, especially on boards, will argue just about any point. Maybe he isn't racist -- who knows. I guess he'll need to make a new account and build a new reputation.

He's had racist views FOR YEARS now.   I'm pretty sure most who frequented the Politics section would agree.

And really how hard is it to abide by one simple rule:  Don't post racist things or you will get banned.