BudAdams

The 3rd and 1 pass to Brown at the end

The ball looked every so slightly overthrown but it also looked like Brown missed the ball.  I just watched the slow motion replay on Gamepass and the ball looks like it's going into his hands and went in between them.....

Other opinions?

Brown just isn’t the type of WR you can throw that pass to. Being only 6’0 or 5’11 he doesn’t have the length or size to reach for those kinds of throws is how I took it. Brown had a rough game overall last night honestly 

Edited by Maker84

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

I've watched it a number of times because I thought it was 6 when RT threw it.  It looks to me like Brown mistimed putting his hands on the ball when it got there.

Same here.  Not sure exactly what happened on Brown's end though.  It could have been some bad timing but also sort of looks like maybe he didn't see the ball cleanly.

Nothing to add other than I was wondering about this too. In the broadcast, it looked like Brown was pretty upset with himself. 

That's one of those throws where the QB is supposed to put a bit more touch on the ball....lob it to the corner and let the receiver run underneath it.   But touch passes like that  have never been Tannehill's forte;   he doesn't put much air under it, so it's not so much a lob as it is an off-speed pitch....and the receiver has to reach out and snare it instead of simply catching it as it comes down.

It wasn't a bad throw, per se....but it wasn't exactly a great throw, either.     The throw could have been better.....but then again, AJB could have done a better job of bringing it in.    It was a case where neither guy executed particularly well...which resulted in an incompletion.

1 minute ago, nine said:

That's one of those throws where the QB is supposed to put a bit more touch on the ball....lob it to the corner and let the receiver run underneath it.   But touch passes like that  have never been Tannehill's forte....it isn't so much a lob as it is an off-speed pitch, so the receiver has to reach out and snatch it instead of just catching it as it comes down.

It wasn't a bad throw, per se....but it wasn't exactly a great throw, either.     The throw could have been better.....but then again, AJB could have done a better job of bringing it in.    It was a case where neither guy executed particularly well...which resulted in an incompletion.

I think Brown's catch attempt was worse than Tannehill's throw after watching it ten times.

22 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The ball looked every so slightly overthrown but it also looked like Brown missed the ball.  I just watched the slow motion replay on Gamepass and the ball looks like it's going into his hands and went in between them.....

Other opinions?

It wasn't a Jeff Blake pass but it was catchable.  

18 minutes ago, Maker84 said:

Brown just isn’t the type of WR you can throw that pass to. Being only 6’0 or 5’11 he doesn’t have the length or size to reach for those kinds of throws is how I took it. Brown had a rough game overall last night honestly 

Browns was open at times and Tanney just refused to look his way.

Brown wasnt as bad as Tannehill

25 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I think Tannehill just overthrew by a few inches. Brown got his fingers on it but I think it was just slightly overthrown.

Yeah tannehill missed him wide open in the end zone by over throwing him.  Then there was 2 plays where he beat the cb on a deep route and tannehill didn’t even look his way so yeah next week gonna be huge

30 minutes ago, Daqueef said:

Browns was open at times and Tanney just refused to look his way.

Brown wasnt as bad as Tannehill

No doubt Tannehill is average at best but Brown wasn't helping him much when he threw his way. Just some awful pass catching attempts that Davis would have most definitely made.