Jaguars Week

Jonboy

9 minutes ago, japan said:

Did Hooker play any nickel last year?

38 minutes ago, Face said:

They really need to play Amani Hooker in the slot. I don’t like to criticize what players teams use because I don’t see practices but according to PFF Hooker was the 2nd best slot they’ve graded in the 6 years they’ve been doing college. He finished exactly .01 behind Minkah Fitzpatrick in the ratings. He really wasn’t a safety despite being listed there, at least in passing downs. He was strictly a slot corner on passing downs & an excellent one.

We’re in real bad injury shape this week. It looks like at best only 1 of our top 4 WR/corners will play. Its ridiculous to stash Hooker as the 3rd safety while they have Chris Jackson, who wasn’t a pimple on Hookers ass in college, as the nickel. I know the board is high on him & Jerry Juedy is a real tough draw, but he was in way over his head. Hooker played in Dime packages last year & covered pretty well. He’s a much, much better cover player then Jackson right now.

Im actually very confident in Fulton on the outside & I’m excited to see him play. I think the best trio would be him & either Joseph or Tye Smith  on the outside. I’ve always been a Tye Smith guy & JJ, despite his seemingly low popularity around here, and he did drop off a lot last year, played at a very high level as recently as 2018.

its like Kalan Reed, the titans coaches just don’t want to unleash the secret nickel weapon, not until they are down to their last option!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the local media who attended practice the most eye catching play during the entire training camp was when Evans took a screen pass 70yds for a TD everyone watching was just wowed by his s

AJ not mincing words lol    

Jags fan here. Jags played decent against the Colts. Run defense was not great. Screen passes killed them. I fully expect Henry to run for 125+. Titans have their number for a reason. A 27-13 win for

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TWR said:

Not quite sure it’s that similar a situation. Reed was a small school kid with great traits who was the last pick in the draft. Hooker was a celebrated college player on an Iowa team that perennially has great secondaries & it was shock he was there in the 4th rd.

Im not saying the kids the answer or anything but he was an excellent cover guy in the slot & safety  in college with great instincts, and we traded up to get him. When healthy IMO the slot & SS are our problem areas in coverage. With the injuries at outside corner on top of this Id feel way better with him at the slot then Chris Jackson this week.

Edited by Face

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

They should play mostly zone if Butler is out.

Fulton really excelled in zone in college, Hes excellent playing the ball. He’s obviously known for being a great press man guy but he also really does a great job breaking on the ball & defending it. 

There was some stat that he batted away an insane % of very accurate throws, which is a good sign for pro translation. I’m just not a fan at all of him in the slot & hated the idea from the get. To me he’s the quintessential strong, fast outside corner. 

I agree BTW, about playing a lot of zone. Especially if VB and/or Roberson play. Clowney is at his best rushing inside. I’d love to see him & Simmons inside playing a lot of Seattle or Tampa 2 type stuff this week.....

6 hours ago, Face said:

There was some stat that he batted away an insane % of very accurate throws, which is a good sign for pro translation. I’m just not a fan at all of him in the slot & hated the idea from the get. To me he’s the quintessential strong, fast outside corner. 

I think the plan for Fulton this year is to rotate as much as possible, with him taking over for Butler next year.

10 minutes ago, patsplat said:

That was awesome.

I have to admit that the posts on that thread at least sound a lot more articulate and fun than most of the other "enemy" boards I have visited.

The response:

"Gotta admit, that's a pretty quality smack post.

No go back to eating your mayonnaise hillbilly" 

Made me laugh.

34 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

That was awesome.

I have to admit that the posts on that thread at least sound a lot more articulate and fun than most of the other "enemy" boards I have visited.

The response:

"Gotta admit, that's a pretty quality smack post.

No go back to eating your mayonnaise hillbilly" 

Made me laugh.

Those are the same trolls from GoTitans. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic