Jaguars Week

Jonboy

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the local media who attended practice the most eye catching play during the entire training camp was when Evans took a screen pass 70yds for a TD everyone watching was just wowed by his s

AJ not mincing words lol    

Jags fan here. Jags played decent against the Colts. Run defense was not great. Screen passes killed them. I fully expect Henry to run for 125+. Titans have their number for a reason. A 27-13 win for

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DuvalJags said:

Thanks! Not the trash talker type at all. I do watch the other 3 division teams way more than the rest of the league. Jags have had a rough 20 years lol. That '99 season was the downfall. Rivers played like well... Rivers. Made 2 ridiculous passes in traffic that killed any momentum they had. Titans are more consistent. Look forward to the game. 

Tell us something about the Jaguars that we wouldn't know from the outside looking in

TN DL saved that game.  Simmons did more to win that game than anyone I can think of with his goal line play.  He and Clowney are going to present problems to every team we face.  And TN did this without Jackson and Evans.  

Bodes well.  Lock is has a nce future.  He overthrew a WR for a certain TD.  TN was lucky because the K almost cost them big.

2 hours ago, DuvalJags said:

Jags fan here. Jags played decent against the Colts. Run defense was not great. Screen passes killed them. I fully expect Henry to run for 125+. Titans have their number for a reason. A 27-13 win for the Titans is my guess. Jags do not have enough talent to compete but more talent than people think. Minshew is definitely a decent starter but he needs to be more consistent. Only way this is a close game is if the Titans turn the ball over. Good luck this year guys. 

A fair assessment, but the Jags look like they are cleaning house and starting over a bit. I like their draft picks a lot. For your sake, I hope you can keep them. They looked good against the Colts, for sure. But Henry definitely has the Jags' number, for whatever reason.

Just seems like, historically, we split with the Jags way too often. And when we do, they beat us early in the year, and we beat them late. But we'll see. History is history.

3 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

I disagree.  The Jags D is substantially worse than D.  Fangio is an excellent coach.  The Broncos O is better than the Jags.  Their RB are far better.  So is their TE.  I think Jax has a better WR group but not when Sutton is playing.  

Jags and TN are always close but TN needs to come out throwing more to soften D's.  If they continue to run into walls Henry is going to get hurt. 

Minshew is a good QB.  He is the best part of Jax

The clock management by Fangio at the end of that game was as bad as you will ever see. He’s definitely not a great coach. 

3 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

TN DL saved that game.  Simmons did more to win that game than anyone I can think of with his goal line play.  He and Clowney are going to present problems to every team we face.  And TN did this without Jackson and Evans.  

Bodes well.  Lock is has a nce future.  He overthrew a WR for a certain TD.  TN was lucky because the K almost cost them big.

Your buddy Corey Davis had a nice showing!

3 hours ago, patsplat said:

It's hard to get past "Fangio is an excellent coach"

Vic Fangio is one of the most respected defensive minds in the game. It is illogical to think he would not have them ready to play this game tough

Broncos had a top 7 defense last season(12th in yards, 10th in points allowed, 1st in red zone defense) with Chubb missing 12 games. 1st game of the season without any preseason playing in Denver with high altitude. 

1 hour ago, Daqueef said:

Vic Fangio is one of the most respected defensive minds in the game. It is illogical to think he would not have them ready to play this game tough

Broncos had a top 7 defense last season(12th in yards, 10th in points allowed, 1st in red zone defense) with Chubb missing 12 games. 1st game of the season without any preseason playing in Denver with high altitude. 

Bg difference between not having them ready to play (they were) .. and being a terrible in game decision maker.

4 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

Solid analysis from Booger Macfarland

• Jonboy unpinned this topic