• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Jeudy drop fest was fun though 

The Juedy jerkfest was a bit much.

27 minutes ago, Daqueef said:

My point is if your Tanne and Smith just because you like a match up doesnt mean on every play just eye that one particular WR....

Brown was open in two or three different times and for some strange reason Tanne never looked his way... 

I also understand AJ had 8 targets, but again if your going to be a good QB you HAVE to see when your WR is open regardless of what the play was at that time.

I mean, if the game plan called for CD to be the first target and it worked because he had a big day (not saying that was the plan but it certainly looked like it) and AJ Brown still had 8 targets, I'm not sure what the complaint is other than a good game could have been a really good game had the QB been a little better.  The guy still had 250 yards, 2 TDs, and something like a 70~% completion rate against one of the better defenses in the league.  

Could it have been better sure?  Was it bad.  Hell no.  Outside of kicking, the Titans played pretty well given it was the first game of the season in altitude going against a team coming off a 4-1 win streak from last year with a young QB who is playing pretty well and a stout defense.  I have faith AJ will have his days.  

This is going to be week to week, I think Tannehill and Davis are finally on the same page.  Teams now are going to have to pick their poison either Davis or Brown.  Depending which one teams pick the other will shine week to week.

Davis always had the ability and showed it multiple times. His biggest problems were threefold: 

1) QB play

2) Injuries

3) Consistency

#1 has been handled. #2 still seems to be an issue, but he's trying to play through it. #3 remains to be seen. Hopefully week 1 is a sign of the work he put into the offseason and everything starting to finally come together for him.

I have no doubt in his ability though whatsoever. 

^^^^this is BS.  Tannehill played at elite level last year and Davis sucked.  He actually regressed from 891 yards and 4 TD s with Mariota.  

This board refuses to call it as they see it.  The guy has talent but he did not have the talent of a top 5 pick.  Adams did and he just got traded for two number one's.  

Davis is not even worth a 6 or a 7th pick now.   He is TSharpe with a higher salary.  

5 hours ago, Daqueef said:

My point is if your Tanne and Smith just because you like a match up doesnt mean on every play just eye that one particular WR....

Brown was open in two or three different times and for some strange reason Tanne never looked his way... 

I also understand AJ had 8 targets, but again if your going to be a good QB you HAVE to see when your WR is open regardless of what the play was at that time.

Agreed, but if the game plan was that CD would have the best matchup, you look there FIRST, and if he’s open on most plays there’s no reason to look for AJ.  Not that I agree with that game plan, but that may be why AJ didn’t get as many chances.  Next game could be AJ will be looked at first.  

Maybe they could have adjusted the game plan and went to AJ more if he was that wide open, but good to see CD making plays for sure.  

I’ve said it before, this offense is going to have the problem of not enough footballs to go around.  Obviously a good problem to have. 

5 hours ago, Blackjack said:

It was maddening how the ESPN announcers mentioned once that he "had Brown wide open" but never showed it on a replay.

Looking forward to the All-22 to come out and get broken down this week.

Was a terribly produced MNF game.  I assume everyone needed a preseason...

I think he keeps it up. Monday Night didn't look fluky at all to me.
sometimes it takes some stability and consistency for WR's to flip the switch.
and taking into account that he wasn't 100% ..... bet we see a good year from 84
wouldn't be surprised if we have two 1,000yd receivers this year

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

^^^^this is BS.  Tannehill played at elite level last year and Davis sucked.  He actually regressed from 891 yards and 4 TD s with Mariota.  

This board refuses to call it as they see it.  The guy has talent but he did not have the talent of a top 5 pick.  Adams did and he just got traded for two number one's.  

Davis is not even worth a 6 or a 7th pick now.   He is TSharpe with a higher salary.  

spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

2 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

There's a huge difference between saying Davis sucks though and that he wasn't worth a top 5 pick.

I was probably the biggest Davis fan on the board for that draft and even I said you don't take him at #5. In fact, I don't think I ever even entertained that as a possibility. I loved Adams and when he fell to #5 I thought for sure he was going to be the pick.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you are finally at least admitting that Davis "has talent." 

2 hours ago, japan said:

Was a terribly produced MNF game.  I assume everyone needed a preseason...

3 Denver homers that didnt know what they were talking about concerning the titans. ... that kept saying "1-2 yard gain " when we got 6-7 yards

Lack of adequate replays was big too.  Definitely felt like a locally produced preseason game.

They even had that dumbass fake socially distanced background with projected lines dividing the announcers... but whenever an announcer made a wide hand gesture you could see they were really only like 2 feet apart.

Edited by titanruss

5 minutes ago, titanruss said:

3 Denver homers that didnt know what they were talking about concerning the titans. ... that kept saying "1-2 yard gain " when we got 6-7 yards

That pissed me off too.  I didn't care if it was the Titans or not.  But as a play by play guy for an NFL game, you have to get the yardage gained on a play correct.  It's in the job description.

Also can't let them off the hook, for the 1st and goal when they were at the 25 in the 2nd quarter or whatever.

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

There's a huge difference between saying Davis sucks though and that he wasn't worth a top 5 pick.

I was probably the biggest Davis fan on the board for that draft and even I said you don't take him at #5. In fact, I don't think I ever even entertained that as a possibility. I loved Adams and when he fell to #5 I thought for sure he was going to be the pick.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you are finally at least admitting that Davis "has talent." 

The only people you don't take are the ones who don't have talent. You don't draft non-talented people. This idea that you can't or shouldn't take receivers with the 5th overall pick is mostly arbitrary non-sense. If the Titans had drafted Juju or Godwin this conversation would likely be happening on a much smaller scope around here, if at all. Or maybe it would be happening identically to how it is now because maybe Juju or Godwin would have struggled here too. Drafting one position over another is no guarantee of getting a good player. If it were Ryan Leaf should be a lock for the HoF.

You take who you think will help your team the most, position is incidental. Davis has had an uncertain start to his career. But like I said to bungalow earlier, if the guy catches the game winning ball in the Super Bowl for us is anyone really going to care where he was drafted?