Gameday Thread (Week 1 @ Broncos)

SirLanceALot

7 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

I know. It's hard to accept. But observe.

Pats vs Jets.

Jets up by 1.

2 mins to go (this is after the warning).

Jets with 2 timeouts. 

Are they running the ball to make the Jets spend time outs? No.

Are they running the ball to milk the clock? No.

They are in shotgun. 

Brady throw. 

Touchdown.

Brady takes the Jets soul.

It's a new way of thinking.

20200915_080931.jpg

20200915_080943.jpg

20200915_080952.jpg

2 mins...big difference

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evans' idiocy was disappointing too.

Burn the tape and move on. Be thrilled to be 1-0. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Then he wasn’t too scared to kick a field goal then was he?  You don’t be stupid. I know it’s hard for you but fucking try

Do you not understand the difference between 3rd down and 4th down.

It wouldn't surprise me but just wanted to ask.

2 minutes ago, Chuka05 said:

I may have missed this somewhere earlier in the thread, but why weren't the Titans credited with a sack on the play early in the game when Clowney got to Lock?  I've looked at the box score and it isn't shown.  

I assume they determined that Lock was a rusher?

21 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

Do you not understand the difference between 3rd down and 4th down.

It wouldn't surprise me but just wanted to ask.

Wrong moron.

The Titans were playing for a touchdown The whole way because the field-goal would only put them up 2 with enough time to possibly still lose.  McManus has great range so 2 pass plays could have put them in place to attempt a GW FG.

Denver did not have time, even with their timeouts, to drive down the field which is what they would’ve had to done if the Titans score a touchdown.  

The win probability was overwhelmingly in favor of the Titans going for a touchdown as opposed to a field goal. The fact that I have to explain this to you Is exactly why you are a moron.

Edited by BudAdams

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The only way that the Titans would've played for a FG is if Denver didn't have timeouts.  They did so you obviously play for the TD.  Even forgetting the FG issues for a second.  If they had Adam Vinatieri in his prime you play for the TD in that situation.

It’s amazing he’s trying to argue otherwise. It should be a bannable offense for literally being too stupid to post here.

In a weird way it's actually a good thing that they had to settle for the FG and the game ended like it did.  It hopefully gave Gostkowski some confidence.  Had they scored a TD who knows what happens with Gostkowski.  It would've been rough to be 0/3 in FGs with an XP miss with no chance at redemption.

7 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

It’s amazing he’s trying to argue otherwise. It should be a bannable offense for literally being too stupid to post here.

I don’t know how anyone watching that game and drive would assume that they were playing for the FG.  They would have run into the middle of the line on 3rd down if that were the case.    He really does have some shitty and retarded takes, you shake your head at how dumb this one is.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic

Vrabel was coaching to score last, and not turn the ball over.  The were only down a point.  I understand that they were trailing due to the kicker's misses, but coaches play the odds and the overwhelming odds were that Ski would hit the game winner.  

Frankly, Vrabel didn't want to score too early and leave time on the clock.   The closer to the end zone they got, the harder the yards got.  RT had three possible interceptions last night.  He was probably playing those odds as well looking for safe throws.  Better to have a field goal attempt than to have a turnover.

So, grind the clock down, get as close as you can, and either score a TD or a FG.  It doesn't matter so long as the clock has as little time as possible.

I think the Titans were the better team last night.  IF the Broncos would have won, I think it would have been them stealing the game from the Titans.

I am always surprised why so many coaches forgo using their Timeouts when the other team has the ball.  Fangio should have started killing the clock to give his team a chance at a score.  Most coaches don't believe in using their timeouts with a lead and extending the game.  At some point, this antiquated thinking should go away, I would think.

Overall, a lot of stuff to clean up, but also first game of the year in a season without as much practice or preseason games.  Rust is expected.  Congrats on the Win.

54 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The only way that the Titans would've played for a FG is if Denver didn't have timeouts.  They did so you obviously play for the TD.  Even forgetting the FG issues for a second.  If they had Adam Vinatieri in his prime you play for the TD in that situation.

The conversation was about the decision to throw to the end zone on third down as opposed to running the ball with Henry and scoring or forcing them to use a TO.  I think the kicking game woes inclined them to go for the TD.

Bud as usual turns it into some epic discussion that somehow ends with him being right after the other person is exhausted discussing his bullshit.