SirLanceALot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evans' idiocy was disappointing too.

Burn the tape and move on. Be thrilled to be 1-0. 

Posted Images

Just now, scine09 said:

Did he take the team down the field when it mattered in the last two minutes for the win?

Yes. He played pretty well but he is not as good as the aforementioned Mahomes. That's what it takes for me to be very impressed.

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I said it was dumb. I’m not sure why this is complicated. It’s a bullshit rule. It’s football. Guys are going to fight. 

No it’s not complicated.  you can’t fucking punch people.  This isn’t  WWE or hockey.  If you throw a punch in the ref sees you you’re a fucking gone.  It’s  how it works.

Edited by BudAdams

Just now, Titans279 said:

Yes. He played pretty well but he is not as good as the aforementioned Mahomes. That's what it takes for me to be very impressed.

Well yeah we all know he's not as good as Mahomes.  But he certainly played well enough to win.

13 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The thing that drives me nuts, and this happens for every team, is these people who say that this game shouldn't have been this close.

How about this in an alternate universe?  Denver doesn't drop wide open slants.  Denver doesn't overthrow a wide open guy in the end zone and miss on 4 shots at the goalline.

I guarantee you the Broncos are kicking themselves and thinking that they lost it more than the Titans won it.  While on this board all it is is the Titans should've won by more.

It might've been a different game if Jeff Jeudy could catch the ball.

How did you feel about Fangio not using his timeouts during the last TEN drive?

Also this might only bother me:  Levy was horrible today.  Several times he said something "there was a two yard gain"  when it actuality it was like a 4 or 5 yard gain.

2 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Could you imagine this thread if we’d lost?  Lol.  

I mean, I get the expectations are high for the season - but calm your tits folks.  Week one is usually garbo with four preseason games and an offseason not dictated by Pandemic rules.  We won.  If it looks like this in week four, we can amp up the alarm.  But even then, an ugly win is still a win. 

Garbo? Eh okay. You aren’t wrong. 

1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

With 4 minutes left he's throwing bombs. What an idiot. Should have run the ball and made us use TOs. Gordon was killing us.

I didn't have an issue with trying to end the game.  But I felt like the Broncos, even more than the Titans, weren't taking advantage of the edges.  The holes were there.  Instead they decided to just run at Simmons all night.

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I fully admit to being somewhat skeptical about RT’s long term upside.  But a lesser QB and we lose that game.  Calm and clutch at the perfect moments.  Nothing that will make the SC Top 10, but a last minute game winning drive when everything had gone wrong all night?  I’ll take it.  Lesser QBs would’ve folded.  

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

No it’s not complicated.  you can’t fucking punch people.  This is a WWE or hockey.  If you throw a punch in the ref sees you you’re a fucking gone.  It’s  how it works.

I understand this. I’ve said this several times. It’s a bullshit rule. They’re playing football. It should be what it’s always been, a personal foul. What Evans did was stupid, but there’s no way a single swipe at a guy should get him ejected. 

Just now, Titans279 said:

Obviously.

The issue is were you very impressed by his play in this game.

Yes.  He made one really poor throw.  And got lucky.  But of his 14 incomplete passes how many were either drops or throws that were made in a place where either his receiver could catch it or no one could and were plays that could've been made?

They took over at the 10 and came right down the field to win.  He played pretty much perfectly that final drive with the exception of the one miss (which still looked like Brown could have made a better effort on).

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I understand this. I’ve said this several times. It’s a bullshit rule. They’re playing football. It should be what it’s always been, a personal foul. What Evans did was stupid, but there’s no way a single swipe at a guy should get him ejected. 

I agree, I didn't think what he did warranted an ejection.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic