Roster advice

NashvilleNinja

8 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Tannehill played in 9 fantasy-relevant games last year after he took over the job and scored 240 fantasy points in those 9 games. He only scored below 20 points once during that stretch. For the 10 regular season games he started he scored 262, which extrapolates out to 419 points over a 16 game season. In this league only Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson scored more than 419 fantasy points in 2019. Brees may have scored more and Mahomes may have scored more if their injuries hadn't knocked them out of some games. Other than that Tannehill was outpacing what the rest of the league put up.

I'm not sure in what way I'd be better off streaming the Drew Locks and Teddy Bridgewaters of the world instead of re-drafting RT.

Just wait until that guy drops QBs. Tannehill is not a weekly starter. Teams will not roster 2+ QBs all year long. As I said in my first post get ready to grab a QB off the waiver wires. Unless you want to hope the consensus ranked 19 and 21 QBs will help lead your team to a fantasy championship. 

2 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Just wait until that guy drops QBs. Tannehill is not a weekly starter. Teams will not roster 2+ QBs all year long. As I said in my first post get ready to grab a QB off the waiver wires. Unless you want to hope the consensus ranked 19 and 21 QBs will help lead your team to a fantasy championship. 

The only QB on his roster that I'd drop Tannehill for is Brees and if he's at all smart he won't drop Brees. I sure as shit wouldn't drop Tannehill for Allen or Newton. Stafford either.

I think I'll just play it by ear and go off the numbers.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The only QB on his roster that I'd drop Tannehill for is Brees and if he's at all smart he won't drop Brees. I sure as shit wouldn't drop Tannehill for Allen or Newton. Stafford either.

I think I'll just play it by ear and go off the numbers.

Allen finished as the QB6 last year 

Stafford was on pace for 5000/40. Those are some nice sounding numbers. 

Allen and Stafford are both consensus QB1s in draft rankings. Newton is a bit of a risk but yields high upside for his running. He’s also ranks higher than Burrow and Tannehill. 

Do what you want but if you aren’t willing and searching for an upgrade at QB weekly you are making a mistake. 

48 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Allen finished as the QB6 last year

Idc about "expert" rankings. I care about the numbers and in that department Allen was the 12th QB, scoring just over 100 points fewer than what Tannehill paced at. I also care about consistency. Allen was all over the place. He scored fewer than 20 points in 9 out of 16 games and only 20 touchdowns. Tannehill, on the other hand, scored fewer than 20 points in only 1 game out of 10. And he had 2 more touchdowns (22) on 10 games than Allen did (20) in 16 games. Tannehill was on pace for a 35 touchdown year.

Stafford was on pace for 5000/40. Those are some nice sounding numbers.

I'll give you Stafford. And if Stafford is back to his production maybe he is worth looking at. But if Stafford is that much back then it's a good bet the guy won't release him anyway.

Allen and Stafford are both consensus QB1s in draft rankings. Newton is a bit of a risk but yields high upside for his running. He’s also ranks higher than Burrow and Tannehill. 

Do what you want but if you aren’t willing and searching for an upgrade at QB weekly you are making a mistake. 

I'm willing to do whatever I need based on how things are going but I'm also fine sticking with Tannehill. I'm not going to drop him just because there may be someone else who was ranked higher that becomes available. Like I said, idc about rankings. RT was already on pace to be one of the top 5 or 6 QBs (according to points scored) in the league last year on a short season as the starter after taking over in the middle of chaos. Now he has a decent RB2 to toss passes to and had an entire off-season to build rapport with other guys not named AJ Brown. Davis, Jonnu, Humphries, and Raymond will all benefit from that but so will Tannehill. Everyone is fast asleep on Corey Davis right now, but there's a reason JRob saw fit enough to draft him #5. Dude's a perfect post-hype candidate with everyone focusing so hard on Brown.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

11 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Idc about "expert" rankings. I care about the numbers and in that department Allen was the 12th QB, scoring just over 100 points fewer than what Tannehill paced at. I also care about consistency. Allen was all over the place. He scored fewer than 20 points in 9 out of 16 games and only 20 touchdowns. Tannehill, on the other hand, scored fewer than 20 points in only 1 game out of 10. And he had 2 more touchdowns (22) on 10 games than Allen did (20) in 16 games. Tannehill was on pace for a 35 touchdown year.

I'll give you Stafford. And if Stafford is back to his production maybe he is worth looking at. But if Stafford is that much back then it's a good bet the guy won't release him anyway.

I'm willing to do whatever I need based on how things are going but I'm also fine sticking with Tannehill. I'm not going to drop him just because there may be someone else who was ranked higher that becomes available. Like I said, idc about rankings. RT was already on pace to be one of the top 5 or 6 QBs (according to points scored) in the league last year on a short season as the starter after taking over in the middle of chaos. Now he has a decent RB2 to toss passes to and had an entire off-season to build rapport with other guys not named AJ Brown. Davis, Jonnu, Humphries, and Raymond will all benefit from that but so will Tannehill. Everyone is fast asleep on Corey Davis right now, but there's a reason JRob saw fit enough to draft him #5. Dude's a perfect post-hype candidate with everyone focusing so hard on Brown.

Is this 6pt TD for QBs? 

I think the logic here is that you want to stash Burrow as a potential keeper. I get that. You will have more clarity on Montgomery and Singletary after this season. I think your strat was fine as a long term play. 

20 minutes ago, Bink said:

I think the logic here is that you want to stash Burrow as a potential keeper. I get that. You will have more clarity on Montgomery and Singletary after this season. I think your strat was fine as a long term play. 

I like Burrow as a stash. I wouldn’t be shocked if he outscores Tannehill on the year either. 

The logic behind liking Tannehill is fine; the problem is your resource investment/valuation of him. I think in the original draft, with the guy autodrafting QBs, you could have snagged Burrow and waited and still got Tannehill or someone better off of waivers. Streaming QB is a viable strategy anyways. Remember, aside from like Lamar Jackson QBs are the closest to each other in value and have a lot of variation in value from year to year. A lot of it is about the match-up, not the man. 

6 hours ago, Bink said:

The logic behind liking Tannehill is fine; the problem is your resource investment/valuation of him. I think in the original draft, with the guy autodrafting QBs, you could have snagged Burrow and waited and still got Tannehill or someone better off of waivers. Streaming QB is a viable strategy anyways. Remember, aside from like Lamar Jackson QBs are the closest to each other in value and have a lot of variation in value from year to year. A lot of it is about the match-up, not the man. 

I did let my worry that he wouldn't be there later affect my decision. But there really weren't that many players still available that I was desperate to draft. The draft was only 10 rounds and I took Tannehill with the last pick in the 6th round.

The only guy I'd really liked to have had that was available was Michael Pittman, but I took Corey Davis with the first pick in the 7th right after I drafted Tannehill. The very next pick after Davis was Pittman. So my homerism on Davis was really the reason I missed out on Pittman, not Tannehill. The rest of my draft was spent filling in my kicker, defense, and then Nyheim Hines.