Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

12 team, ppr, 6 keepers

 

QB - Brees, Tannehill, Mayfield

RB - Hunt, Montgomery, Singletary, Penny

WR - Golladay, McLaurin, Davis, Hardman

TE - Waller

 

I'm thinking of keeping one of the QBs, Hunt, Golladay, McLaurin, Waller, and either Montgomery or Singletary.

 

@Bink

 

Depending on the redraft for RB depth is tough. Like the WR and TE Keepers. You could probably let both QBs go and get them back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bink said:

 

Depending on the redraft for RB depth is tough. Like the WR and TE Keepers. You could probably let both QBs go and get them back. 

Well keep in mind that I have the #1 pick too so I'm going to add Clyde Edwards-Helaire to my RB depth. So after the 1st round my RB will be CEH, Hunt, and Montgomery. I'm also planning to try and snag Antonio Gibson at the end of the 2nd round, unless someone else sniffs him out. If I did that I'd be at least 4 deep. Of course, if I keep Singletary I'll be 5 deep and probably won't have to worry about RB at all for the rest of the draft, unless a guy is sitting there that shouldn't be.

 

Then again, someone else could grab Gibson since his ADP has been rising as we've gotten closer to the season so he might be gone by the time I pick again. Hmm...

 

...and now I'm reading something about Montgomery is dealing with a groin. Shit. Might have to let both QBs go out of necessity.

Edited by NashvilleNinja
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Well keep in mind that I have the #1 pick too so I'm going to add Clyde Edwards-Helaire to my RB depth. So after the 1st round my RB will be CEH, Hunt, and Montgomery. I'm also planning to try and snag Antonio Gibson at the end of the 2nd round, unless someone else sniffs him out. If I did that I'd be at least 4 deep. Of course, if I keep Singletary I'll be 5 deep and probably won't have to worry about RB at all for the rest of the draft, unless a guy is sitting there that shouldn't be.

 

Then again, someone else could grab Gibson since his ADP has been rising as we've gotten closer to the season so he might be gone by the time I pick again. Hmm...

 

...and now I'm reading something about Montgomery is dealing with a groin. Shit. Might have to let both QBs go out of necessity.

 

I think it's about what you can let go and what you can get back. I imagine people will be hoarding RBs--whatever you let go, someone else very well could claim. Once you see the draft board, you will know just who needs a QB and how early you will have to make a play to get one back. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bink said:

 

I think it's about what you can let go and what you can get back. I imagine people will be hoarding RBs--whatever you let go, someone else very well could claim. Once you see the draft board, you will know just who needs a QB and how early you will have to make a play to get one back. 

 

So far 8 out of the 12 teams are keeping at least one QB, at least one is keeping 2. But one team is apparently going to let Deshaun Watson go. Plus Burrow will be on the board. There are only 4 teams that will be keeping at least 3 RB and only one of those will keep 4 RB. The rest of the teams will be keeping 1 or 2 RB.

 

This is as of right now. People may log in before the draft later this evening and adjust that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

So far 8 out of the 12 teams are keeping at least one QB, at least one is keeping 2. But one team is apparently going to let Deshaun Watson go. Plus Burrow will be on the board. There are only 4 teams that will be keeping at least 3 RB and only one of those will keep 4 RB. The rest of the teams will be keeping 1 or 2 RB.

 

This is as of right now. People may log in before the draft later this evening and adjust that.

 

This gives me two pieces of valuable information:

 

RBs will not come back to you. Every free RB will be snatched. 

 

Most people don't need backup QBs. I would take my chances on QB in the redraft, especially since you don't have Mahomes or Watson. I don't think Singeltary or Montgomery are world beaters, but I would rather have them than not have them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bink said:

 

This gives me two pieces of valuable information:

 

RBs will not come back to you. Every free RB will be snatched. 

 

Most people don't need backup QBs. I would take my chances on QB in the redraft, especially since you don't have Mahomes or Watson. I don't think Singeltary or Montgomery are world beaters, but I would rather have them than not have them. 

This is the path I went. I'll start out with 4 RB, one of which will probably be a big time fantasy asset by year's end. In the end I would have gone with Montgomery anyway just because I think he's going to have it better than Singletary will with Moss nipping at his heels and I took Montgomery with the 3rd overall pick last year so it seemed premature to just give up on him. But the league's RB supply is thin and Gibson probably won't make it to my 2nd pick so yeah...

 

17 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Only 12 man rosters?

Huh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abenjami said:

You listed only 12 players.  Is that your entire roster?

 

QB - Brees, Tannehill, Mayfield

RB - Hunt, Montgomery, Singletary, Penny

WR - Golladay, McLaurin, Davis, Hardman

TE - Waller

Nah, 16.

Before tonight's draft the whole roster was:

 

QB - Brees, Tannehill, Mayfield

RB - Hunt, Montgomery, Singletary, Penny
WR - Golladay, McLaurin, Davis, Hardman

TE - Waller, Henry
K - Butker, Meyers
D/ST - Bears

I finished 3-10 last year with that roster.

Now the roster is:

QB - Tannehill, Burrow
RB - CEH, Hunt, Montgomery, Singletary, Hines (although I'm trying to trade with the fucker who snatched Darrynton Evans right before me in the last round)
WR - Golladay, McLaurin, Slayton, Ruggs, Hardman, Davis
TE - Waller

K - Lutz
D/ST - Titans

 

34 minutes ago, Bink said:

@NashvilleNinja please update how it turned out

You know how you were talking about how the QB situation would work out for there to be plenty? Some asshole didn't bother to show up to the draft and got autopicked 4 god damn QBs. FOUR. All in the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds. Don't ask me how, I don't know. Maybe his pre-draft rankings were all fucked up or maybe he was just trolling the league with his rankings. Anyway, I picked at the top of the 5th round and Brees had already been taken off the board by this little absentee motherfucker, along with Josh Allen in the 2nd round (don't understand how Allen was ranked above Brees, but whatever). Anyway, Watson and Wentz had also come off the board by other teams so I started getting a little nervous thinking there'd be a run on QBs. So I took Burrow at the top of the 5th and sure enough Mr Ghostface got auto picked Matthew Stafford and Cam Newton with his next two picks, which came before my next pick because of the snake. So my homer ass wasn't taking a chance on Tannehill getting snatched up so I took him with my next pick. What's even sadder about that guy's team is the fact that he only got autopicked one good non-QB player in the whole draft... AJ Brown. I'm so mad about that. I wish I could trade him my worst player for him.

Oh, and Antonio Gibson didn't even make it out of the top 5. Somebody drafted him 4th overall.

Edited by NashvilleNinja
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Nah, 16.

Before tonight's draft the whole roster was:

 

QB - Brees, Tannehill, Mayfield

RB - Hunt, Montgomery, Singletary, Penny
WR - Golladay, McLaurin, Davis, Hardman

TE - Waller, Henry
K - Butker, Meyers
D/ST - Bears

I finished 3-10 last year with that roster.

Now the roster is:

QB - Tannehill, Burrow
RB - CEH, Hunt, Montgomery, Singletary, Hines (although I'm trying to trade with the fucker who snatched Darrynton Evans right before me in the last round)
WR - Golladay, McLaurin, Slayton, Ruggs, Hardman, Davis
TE - Waller

K - Lutz
D/ST - Titans

 

You know how you were talking about how the QB situation would work out for there to be plenty? Some asshole didn't bother to show up to the draft and got autopicked 4 god damn QBs. FOUR. All in the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds. Don't ask me how, I don't know. Maybe his pre-draft rankings were all fucked up or maybe he was just trolling the league with his rankings. Anyway, I picked at the top of the 5th round and Brees had already been taken off the board by this little absentee motherfucker, along with Josh Allen in the 2nd round (don't understand how Allen was ranked above Brees, but whatever). Anyway, Watson and Wentz had also come off the board by other teams so I started getting a little nervous thinking there'd be a run on QBs. So I took Burrow at the top of the 5th and sure enough Mr Ghostface got auto picked Matthew Stafford and Cam Newton with his next two picks, which came before my next pick because of the snake. So my homer ass wasn't taking a chance on Tannehill getting snatched up so I took him with my next pick. What's even sadder about that guy's team is the fact that he only got autopicked one good non-QB player in the whole draft... AJ Brown. I'm so mad about that. I wish I could trade him my worst player for him.

Oh, and Antonio Gibson didn't even make it out of the top 5. Somebody drafted him 4th overall.

Get ready to grab one of the QBs off the waiver wire. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Get ready to grab one of the QBs off the waiver wire. 

So I take it you didn't like the selection of Burrow... or Tannehill?

The waiver wire QB selections available are as follows:

Drew Lock

Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr

Sam Darnold
Tyrod Taylor
Dwayne Haskins
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Mitchell Trubisky

Nick Foles

Tua Tags

Justin Herbert
Etc.

Edited by NashvilleNinja
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

So I take it you didn't like the selection of Burrow... or Tannehill?

The waiver wire QB selections available are as follows:

Drew Lock

Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr

Sam Darnold
Tyrod Taylor
Dwayne Haskins
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Mitchell Trubisky

Nick Foles

Tua Tags

Justin Herbert
Etc.

You said the guy auto drafted 4 QBs. There is no way he keeps all 4. 

 

if you roll with Tannehill/Burrow you would be better off streaming a QB weekly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

You said the guy auto drafted 4 QBs. There is no way he keeps all 4. 

 

if you roll with Tannehill/Burrow you would be better off streaming a QB weekly. 

Tannehill played in 9 fantasy-relevant games last year after he took over the job and scored 240 fantasy points in those 9 games. He only scored below 20 points once during that stretch. For the 10 regular season games he started he scored 262, which extrapolates out to 419 points over a 16 game season. In this league only Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson scored more than 419 fantasy points in 2019. Brees may have scored more and Mahomes may have scored more if their injuries hadn't knocked them out of some games. Other than that Tannehill was outpacing what the rest of the league put up.

I'm not sure in what way I'd be better off streaming the Drew Locks and Teddy Bridgewaters of the world instead of re-drafting RT.

Edited by NashvilleNinja
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...