Jump to content
IsntLifeFunny

Can anyone name a good reason to call police?

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You’ve already rushed to judgement putting the onus on the mom and the kid. Don’t lie. 

Regardless of the police action, they are culpable in this based on what is known.  The mom already was caught with her own words contradicting herself and little Rain Man probably shouldn't be threatening others with violence with a weapon and then disobeying police commands.  Common sense tells you that if the kid is so out of control that whatever the parent is doing isn't working....It's undeniable that they are a big part of this specific situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Hey @BudAdams you dumbass some mentally ill people aren't able to self regulate and get into situations where they can't modify their behavior. Now shut the fuck up before you get owned even further. 

Wrong.  It may be true that this behavior can spiral out of control but that's not the fault of the police or society now is it......  If someone is so mentally ill that they cannot self regulate or modify their behavior, then they should be in a facility as opposed to tormenting their neighborhood.  When this DOESN'T happen, the mentally ill person could get harmed by the authorities, which is exactly what happened. 

 

The mom is clearly downplaying her kid's problems because she chose to go by the parenting autistic kids by dummies book and ignored it until it was too late.  Too sad too bad....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m done arguing about this. You definitely aren’t 100% correct. Find some nuance and work on empathy. 

Disagree.  How about some empathy for people being terrorized by this mentally ill person? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Wrong.  It may be true that this behavior can spiral out of control but that's not the fault of the police or society now is it......  If someone is so mentally ill that they cannot self regulate or modify their behavior, then they should be in a facility as opposed to tormenting their neighborhood.  When this DOESN'T happen, the mentally ill person could get harmed by the authorities, which is exactly what happened. 

 

The mom is clearly downplaying her kid's problems because she chose to go by the parenting autistic kids by dummies book and ignored it until it was too late.  Too sad too bad....

 

 

 

 

 

 

One ignorant statement after another. You sound like a 60 year white dude who doesn't know shit about mental health, parenting, or human decency. Congrats on showing your ass. This will follow you around this board till the day you die. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

One ignorant statement after another. You sound like a 60 year white dude who doesn't know shit about mental health, parenting, or human decency. Congrats on showing your ass. This will follow you around this board till the day you die. 

LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The standard for use of deadly force by police is an imminent threat to the life of the officer or the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ctm said:

The standard for use of deadly force by police is an imminent threat to the life of the officer or the public.

 

That's what it's suppose to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ctm said:

The standard for use of deadly force by police is an imminent threat to the life of the officer or the public.

And its invoked far too often 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Should the officer have waited for this nutjob to stab him?  Maybe he just needed a hug?

 

 


Of course not, no one would argue that, this is a clear case of justifiable force. 
 

These aren’t the cases that People get upset about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:


Of course not, no one would argue that, this is a clear case of justifiable force. 
 

These aren’t the cases that People get upset about. 

Yet there were protests......

 

I want to see the cop body cam footage of the crazy SLC kid encounter before I say the police over-reached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Yet there were protests......

 

I want to see the cop body cam footage of the crazy SLC kid encounter before I say the police over-reached.

... you won't.  Not will you see body cam footage of the shooting of Portland suspect.

 

Body cams put the viewer literally in the police officer's pov.  As a form of evidence it has a slight bias in favor of the police.  But even then it can be too incriminating for the police being obviously abusive of their powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, patsplat said:

... you won't.  Not will you see body cam footage of the shooting of Portland suspect.

 

Body cams put the viewer literally in the police officer's pov.  As a form of evidence it has a slight bias in favor of the police.  But even then it can be too incriminating for the police being obviously abusive of their powers.

 

Actually I think body cams are something everyone wants; we need to find the funding to make it happen. Case in point the DC shooting a few weeks ago where the body cam footage showed the perpetrator with a handgun that he was swinging around to bear on the Police officer. Of couse you have some idiots from Southeast DC protesting sayinf he was throwing the gun away but for the most part, things quieted down as soon the footage was released. The use of body cams protects both the police and the communities they serve. Its a no brainer both sides should get behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...