Titans Cuts (Update: Siemian/Walker Among Cuts)

tgo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For what it’s worth, I just watched some Aaron Brewer and looked into him more since the media did a piss poor job of it.   Watched a game from 2018 where he was at center against New Mexico

Browns cut Taywan Taylor haha. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

For what it’s worth, I just watched some Aaron Brewer and looked into him more since the media did a piss poor job of it.

Watched a game from 2018 where he was at center against New Mexico State.  As you can imagine from his size, not the most powerful guy. A bit of a catcher with his hands. Very good understanding of leverage and knowing how to position his body to cut off defenders at the point of attack. Can see why the staff might be interested in that skill set. 

Watched a game from last season where he started at RT. Apparently he also played LT quite a few times. Clearly very versatile in that regard. He was the player they highlighted as the best player on Texas States offense lol and commentator referred to him as a freak athlete FWIW. Looked MUCH better with his hands. Honestly was impressive at RT.

The summary: Based on some quick game watching and research. I think the Titans probably think this guy might be a hidden gem. Needs to get stronger and bigger, but seems to be a good zone guy. Very versatile with starts all over the offensive line. I went from knowing nothing about him to hoping he sticks on the team throughout the season and develops into a starter some day. Want to emphasize this was not a full study though and I’ll probably look like an ass if he gets cut tomorrow when they add someone else.

He seems like the kind of guy you put on your PS as a rookie and let him bulk up in an NFL weight room.

22 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

He seems like the kind of guy you put on your PS as a rookie and let him bulk up in an NFL weight room.

That’s what I would assume, but who knows? He could’ve put on a lot of size and gotten stronger since last season also. We really don’t have enough information. I didn’t see any info on how long his arms are or how big his hands are with a brief search.

Edit: just found some measurables.  10 1/8 inch hands. 32 3/4 inch arms. Hand size is fine.  Pretty short arms.

Edited by TeamRamrod

1 hour ago, smokeater said:

So in the end, it was Clowney for Walker.  Jesus Jrob, use some fucking lube for Gods sake.

No...they were separate issues. As one was let go for what he wasn't & the other signed for what he is...

Edited by enigma

I mean, if it's a choice between Clowney and Walker, it's really not even close.

Back to Brewer. Does he have the frame to get up to around 290? 274 just seems too small for the NFL at any OL position. A center can be a bit lighter than 300, but not that much lighter, usually. But if he can get closer to 300 and actually carry it while keeping his hand speed and functional strength, that would be nice.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic