NBA Bubble Playoffs

wiscotitansfan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Oilertattoo enjoy  https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe29895684/nba-playoffs-how-miami-heat-made-incredible-turnaround

I swear @Oiler FANatic you are such a homer. Every take reeks of homerism. Going into this series people were saying the Blazers were going to beat the Lakers. People were saying Rockets/Thunder would

Heinous air ball and turnover late in the game for the Rockets. I bet they wish they had Chris Paul instead of Westbrook...

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

The Rockets played like shit and still won the game. At least their defense didn't completely suck balls like their offense.

Lucky to survive this one. I am pleased to see you are here without a ridiculously homerish take. The last play was really awful execution by the Thunder. Let someone take the three. Clearly it was drawn up for Adams and the kid making the throw in just couldn't come up with anything. Let some try a hero ball shot. Just an ugly clunky ending. That Harden flop followed by Chris Paul missing the easy two was like Sunbelt level basketball. 

That said, I can imagine a scenario where the Rockets give the Lakers some fits. At least with OKC Javale and Howard could bang around with Adams. Not here. Davis likely plays the five and draws Westbrook on matchups. Not super favorable. They'll be missing Avery Bradley. They have guys that can annoy LeBron. Should be interesting. Still think LA is going to win, don't get me wrong. 

2 hours ago, Whoops said:

Lucky bastards. OKC choked. But Im glad the Lakers got HOU. HOU honestly shouldn't win more than 1 game against LA if LBJ is still that dude. 

Whatever you say. OKC shot 47% from three-point range and still lost after trailing for the majority of the game, even with the terrible officiating.

The fact they shot 16-34 from three was the only thing keeping them in the game, especially with Dort having the best game of his life (including any game he plays in the future). He went 6-12 from three and scored 30 points, I won't be the least bit surprised if this was the best playoff game he ever has (especially being a game 7). His team probably won't even make the playoffs for the next 5-10 years. Poor bastards had their chance at a huge upset and blew it.

The Lakers were definitely rooting for OKC, trust me. They didn't want to face Houston who beat them 113-97 a month ago. Sure LeBron didn't play in that game, but neither did Westbrook OR Gordon. The Lakers rely so much on LBJ and AD for the bulk of their scoring. But Houston has their two MVP's plus Gordon, Covington, Danuel House, and Jeff Green. The Rockets are so much deeper and don't have to count on their top two guys to perform in every single game.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

8 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Whatever you say. OKC shot 47% from three-point range and still lost after trailing for the majority of the game, even with the terrible officiating.

The fact they shot 16-34 from three was the only thing keeping them in the game, especially with Dort having the best game of his life (including any game he plays in the future). He went 6-12 from three and scored 30 points, I won't be the least bit surprised if this was the best playoff game he ever has (especially being a game 7). His team probably won't even make the playoffs for the next 5-10 years. Poor bastards had their chance at a huge upset and blew it.

The Lakers were definitely rooting for OKC, trust me. They didn't want to face Houston who beat them 113-97 a month ago. Sure LeBron didn't play in that game, but neither did Westbrook OR Gordon. The Lakers rely so much on LBJ and AD for the bulk of their scoring. But Houston has their two MVP's plus Gordon, Covington, Danuel House, and Jeff Green. The Rockets are so much deeper and don't have to count on their top two guys to perform in every single game.

And here it is! The homer is back! 

19 hours ago, Bink said:

Riley is a draw. Spolestra is a massive draw. He is the coach who worked best with LeBron. Heat have a bunch of talent. I don't think they are in play for Giannis, but they are good enough to escape the East and attract someone. Also, every decent team in the league will at least try. Golden State included. Lakers included. Bulls will go after him and AD. Toronto. If Bucks want to keep him, they will need to do something. 

https://heatnation.com/rumors/report-miami-heat-and-toronto-raptors-frontrunners-in-giannis-antetokounmpo-sweepstakes/

16 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

The Rockets played like shit and still won the game. At least their defense didn't completely suck balls like their offense.

The Rockets played like shit for most of the series though. Ya its great to come out on top but still concerning going into facing the #1 seed. 

8 hours ago, BackAtIt said:

Giannis' stick is falling. 

More worried about protestinf than focusing on his job. 

@Oiler FANatic congrats on game one. A loss would be bittersweet. Want LA to win obviously but wouldn't mind seeing LBJ fail. And I'd rather it be to yall than LAC. 

Best LBJ fail would be to the Heat in the finals, however unlikely that is.