NBA Bubble Playoffs

wiscotitansfan

All I gotta say is that there is no fucking way the Bucks have a chance. It's just one game on the W/L column but every game before that showed me they cannot string together enough minutes to win multiple series, if any.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Oilertattoo enjoy  https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe29895684/nba-playoffs-how-miami-heat-made-incredible-turnaround

I swear @Oiler FANatic you are such a homer. Every take reeks of homerism. Going into this series people were saying the Blazers were going to beat the Lakers. People were saying Rockets/Thunder would

Heinous air ball and turnover late in the game for the Rockets. I bet they wish they had Chris Paul instead of Westbrook...

Posted Images

It's funny how everyone thought the Houston/OKC series would be the most competitive one in the first round, but so far it's not.

Even without Westbrook the Rockets were in complete control after taking a 12-9 lead midway through the first quarter they led by double-digits for most of the game after that. It's shocking to see the Bucks lose to Orlando, but anyone who thought that a Lakers/Bucks Finals was a given really doesn't know basketball.

52 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

It's funny how everyone thought the Houston/OKC series would be the most competitive one in the first round, but so far it's not.

Even without Westbrook the Rockets were in complete control after taking a 12-9 lead midway through the first quarter they led by double-digits for most of the game after that. It's shocking to see the Bucks lose to Orlando, but anyone who thought that a Lakers/Bucks Finals was a given really doesn't know basketball.

You bring up the Bucks and yet your contention to a Lakers/Bucks final is about the fact that you think Rockets have a chance to get there. 

Before Corona it was a no brainer that Bucks would easily make it to the Eastern Conference finals

Luka is incredible. His stat lines are insane, the guy is in his 2nd year, 1st year in the playoffs! I see that game winning 3 and I still can't be sure what I saw was real, like maybe I was watching someone streaming 2K or something and just didn't notice. How is he this good?

The pity votes LeBron received for MVP over Luka were total bullshit. Just because he led the league in assists makes him an MVP?

The only reason he got any votes is because it's the last year anyone can vote for him without looking like an idiot. In 2021 it's Giannis, Doncic, and Harden.

I swear @Oiler FANatic you are such a homer. Every take reeks of homerism. Going into this series people were saying the Blazers were going to beat the Lakers. People were saying Rockets/Thunder would be competitive for sure, but not as some kind of criticism of the Rockets. Now the series is 2-2, one of only two series to get that far. 

15 hours ago, Bink said:

I swear @Oiler FANatic you are such a homer. Every take reeks of homerism.

No transparency about any of it either.... In some other thread he thought he had some gotcha moment when telling me that Harden will probably end up with similar if, not more total 3s made at the end of his career than Curry.

The thing is that he was responding to a comment on efficiency. He saw some Harden stat he wanted to extrapolate years out to prove some point but the fact that he thinks total amount of 3s made (without acknowledging attempts and percentages) is worth quoting someone for just makes you laugh at how homerish every post of his is where he completely ignores the reality of most other people's thoughts.

5 hours ago, Embarrassing76ers said:

Aww damn, they boycotting a paycheck! 

Do you think if the rest of us average joes boycotted work tomorrow for a child rapist we'd still get paid? 

Somehow I don't think my privilege or entitlement reaches that far. 

NBAs 500k viewers must really be bummed right now. 

10 posts of pure shit. Congrats. You are on a real roll.

On 8/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

He saw some Harden stat he wanted to extrapolate years out to prove some point but the fact that he thinks total amount of 3s made (without acknowledging attempts and percentages)

Everyone in the NBA shoots way more threes in 2020, not just Harden and the Rockets, even though they do shoot the most in the NBA right now.

But to show I'm not some pathetic homer, as you both claim, here are the numbers showing the percentages of some of the greatest players ever.

We all know that Curry's 43.5% three-point shooting is one of the best ever, I never said it wasn't. But he shoots a lot of threes, just like Harden does.

Harden's 36.3% may "pale in comparison", but it's still better than a lot of other elite players who are on the top 50 list of most 3-pointers made.

Jason Kidd was a very good shooter, yet he made just 34.9% of his threes, same as Melo and Lou Williams. Two guys known as pretty good shooters.

Jamal Crawford shoots 34.8%, and the mighty LeBron James shoots 34.4%, while Kobe made just 33% of his threes. Trevor Ariza's 35.2% isn't so great.

Kemba Walker's 36% and Kyle Lowry's 36.6% are about the same as Harden. How about other future Hall of Famers? Paul Pierce: 36.8%  Ginobili: 36.9%

Dirk and Jason Terry: 38%, Vince Carter and Iso Joe: 37.1%, Dame Lillard: 37.3%, Eric Gordon and CP3: 37%. So Harden's 36.3% measures up quite favorably.

Obviously he shoots more threes than anyone (even Curry), but the fact he still shoots at a very decent percentage is why he will be the first ever to make 3000.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

6 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Obviously he shoots more threes than anyone (even Curry), but the fact he still shoots at a very decent percentage is why he will be the first ever to make 3000.

Which none of any of that has to do with being efficient and especially doesn't have to do with you quoting me on laughing at a specific game where Harden had a bunch of points  just from attempts, not some impressive efficiency stat.

You keep bringing up stats and mention how Harden's numbers aren't anywhere near as good as Curry and then go on to mention guys who literally no one goes out of their way to commend their deep ball.

You wonder why you get laughed at for your homer takes? You go out of your way to make some weird argument about comparing shooting 3s from Curry and Harden and act surprised when people call you out on weird ass mental gymnastics you made to get to that point. Honestly, who the fuck cares that Harden is gonna get to 3000 3s made by taking a shitton more shots than Curry?