ACLU calls for dissolving of Department of Homeland Security

Starkiller

https://thehill.com/regulation/national-security/511325-aclu-calls-for-dissolving-of-department-of-homeland-security

The American Civil Liberties Union on Monday called for the dissolution of the Department of Homeland Security, calling it a “fail[ed] experiment” that has become a “badge of shame” under President Trump.

“Nearly 20 years of abuse, waste, and corruption demonstrate the failure of the DHS experiment. Many knew DHS to be an ineffective superagency, but President Trump has converted DHS into our government’s most notable badge of shame,” the organization said in a series of tweets Monday.

“Dismantling DHS, breaking it apart into various federal agencies, and shrinking its federal budget will allow for more effective oversight, accountability and public transparency,” it added. 

I agree - DHS should be dismantled. We've seen how it can be used as essentially the president's centralized secret police army. 

DHS is too dangerous and too much of a threat to liberty to not be dismantled. 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Sure. Hide the agenda .

Are you talking about the plan to unveil the beautiful, GOP healthcare plan that many, many people say will be the greatest healthcare plan in the universe?

1 hour ago, luvyablue256 said:

Can this not wait until January??

It’s not like anyone is calling to defund the FBI. It’s merely a reorganization of government departments into something a little less monolithic.

BTW, conservatives would traditionally support that, too...

secret police, the boogieman, etc.  But the FBI, well, they are awesome as long as they were trying to take down Trump. 

You don't need a secret police force to stop rioting and looting. But you cant have candy ass lefty mayors either.

So lets see if I get this right. You are ok with 70 days of rioting, looting, etc. but you are against trying to to stop it?

The FBI are not the secret police on the streets assaulting non-violent protesters...

Am I ok with violence and looting? No. I’m all for a police presence to stop that. But that isn’t assaulting unarmed, peaceful protesters, which is exactly what Trump has been doing. 

Just now, oldschool said:

DHS is unnecessary but once again the timing here is absurd. Its going to be painted as liberals trying to undermine law and order.

Only to people who already believe Trump’s “law and order” bullshit. Most people have been pretty horrified by his secret police force. 

Archived