College Football on the Brink (BIG 10, PAC 12, MAC, MWC, UCONN, ODU, UMASS, FCS Fall Season Cancelled/Postponed to Spring)

titanskick8851

This could go somewhere in either college football or the draft, but I think it worth monitoring for both COVID-19 purposes and how that relates to the rest of college football and then if it trickles up to the NFL. It will then be interesting to see how this effects the NFL Draft and if other teams may try swooping on the better players inside other conferences.

Edited by titanskick8851

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If y'all had just worn masks we would have college football.   The 2021 draft is going to be a complete crapshoot

I'm a Vandy fan. Might as well cancel college football forever...

It's a hoax. Only 5 people have it and soon down to 1. It will just disappear one day. The church pews should be filled on Easter. It's will be gone by Memorial day. The summe

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If CFB is completely shut down like some are speculating I could see the NFL utilizing 3 TV windows on Saturday each week.

The other thing the NFL could do if they can spread out the games over 3 days a week is convert to bubbles like the NBA and NHL have done successfully.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I asked this in another thread but would that work with DirectTV’s contract?  Moving games to Saturday would make the package less valuable.

There would still be more Sunday games than the networks can carry.

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I asked this in another thread but would that work with DirectTV’s contract?  Moving games to Saturday would make the package less valuable.

I could be wrong but recently I thought I saw that there is no issues moving games from Sunday to Saturday as long as they have the individual windows covered more so than the amount of games in each window.

1 hour ago, Makaveli said:

To be honest unfortunately I think Colleges should cancel all sports until this stuff gets taken care of. People of the college age already proved they aren't responsible enough or even care enough to take precautions. Sporting events will just make it worse.

Well, high school football seems to think 15-17 year old are responsible.

2 hours ago, Makaveli said:

High school is different though. Still living with parents under parents rules and roof. Although parenting isnt what it use to be, atleast most high school kids dont have the same freedom as a college kid. However I dont think schools should even open up yet. Just my opinions.

I agree schools should not open. There’s been a lot of pics of students wearing no mask in crowded hallways. Most public schools are already overcrowded so distancing is probably not possible.