Sign in to follow this  
Makaveli

I actually agree with Prime!!

I watched an interview with Kevin Byard couple days ago and he made a good point. He said he and his wife debated whether he should play or not, he said he decided to because in reality you could catch Covid anywhere. At the Grocery store, Gas station etc. The NFL will have testing and precautions so it will be safer than going out in public. Good point lol.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deion-sanders-chastises-athletes-who-opt-out-for-covid-19-031700642.html

No, it’s not. Unless the NFL goes the NBA route and puts everyone in a bubble, there will be an outbreak. Maybe not on the Titans, but it’s going to happen. And it’s going to spread quickly since this is a contact sport. All it takes is one person on the Titans not giving a shit about the COVID protocols.

Out in public you have a reasonable expectation not to be touched and can keep

your distance from people. 

This shit is never going to end

17 minutes ago, Vintagerobots said:

No, it’s not. Unless the NFL goes the NBA route and puts everyone in a bubble, there will be an outbreak. Maybe not on the Titans, but it’s going to happen. And it’s going to spread quickly since this is a contact sport. All it takes is one person on the Titans not giving a shit about the COVID protocols.

Out in public you have a reasonable expectation not to be touched and can keep

your distance from people. 

Yeah but how many people get tested on a daily in public? The NFL will have constant testing and protocols you won't get on the regular. Of course anywhere where people gather there is a greater risk, and the NFL isnt exempt. But I think it's much safer in a place where people are checked regularly. At work we get our temps monitored every morning and distance with masks. Been like that since the outbreak and so far so good.

Edited by Makaveli

24 minutes ago, Vintagerobots said:

It will.  Just depends on whether it's through herd immunity via spread of virus, or herd immunity via vaccine.  

37 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Yeah but how many people get tested on a daily in public? The NFL will have constant testing and protocols you won't get on the regular. Of course anywhere where people gather there is a greater risk, and the NFL isnt exempt. But I think it's much safer in a place where people are checked regularly. At work we get our temps monitored every morning and distance with masks. Been like that since the outbreak and so far so good.

Are you tackling your coworkers?

How quickly do tests results come back? Are the players not allowed into the building until that test comes back? How reliable are these tests (i.e. what are the chances a player gets tested with a defective kit)? There is just a lot hinging on trust that the COVID protocols will keep everyone safe. I have no idea how safe it actually is in an NFL compound right now, but it seems to me you are saying fuck social distancing and relying on everyone around you to follow protocol to the letter. In public you have more control over who comes into your personal space, so this idea that playing in the NFL is more safe than being in public is ridiculous to me.

Edited by Vintagerobots

25 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

It will.  Just depends on whether it's through herd immunity via spread of virus, or herd immunity via vaccine.  

Yes, I know. I meant that it won't fizzle out naturally like it was supposed to.

1 hour ago, Vintagerobots said:

Are you tackling your coworkers?

How quickly do tests results come back? Are the players not allowed into the building until that test comes back? How reliable are these tests (i.e. what are the chances a player gets tested with a defective kit)? There is just a lot hinging on trust that the COVID protocols will keep everyone safe. I have no idea how safe it actually is in an NFL compound right now, but it seems to me you are saying fuck social distancing and relying on everyone around you to follow protocol to the letter. In public you have more control over who comes into your personal space, so this idea that playing in the NFL is more safe than being in public is ridiculous to me.

You clearly miss the point. The best cure to anything is preventing it in the first place. The reason Ebola, Sars, H1N1 never got bad over here is because America had the proper protocols and had teams preventing it from getting over here. Had we did the same for this we wouldn't be dealing with it. 

On 8/8/2020 at 11:32 AM, Makaveli said:

You clearly miss the point. The best cure to anything is preventing it in the first place. The reason Ebola, Sars, H1N1 never got bad over here is because America had the proper protocols and had teams preventing it from getting over here. Had we did the same for this we wouldn't be dealing with it. 

Apparently I did. If only the U.S. had some kind of pandemic response team to handle a situation like this