Vic Beasley Finally Reports

tgo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He could have found a really nice place to live if only he had an extra $500k to spend...

OK, so he is here and other than missing a handful of early practices it’s not a big deal. People freaked out over essentially nothing.   Can we get back to freaking out over Clowney now?

That would be completely fine except for the lack of communication. I think it's just really difficult for most adults to imagine a situation where they don't contact their employer to let them know t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

OK, so he is here and other than missing a handful of early practices it’s not a big deal. People freaked out over essentially nothing.

Can we get back to freaking out over Clowney now?

People freaked out on this message board?  No way!

31 minutes ago, japan said:

I wonder if this was all to avoid a drug test...

Was wondering this the other day.  Not necessarily "avoid", but give himself extra time to pass a test.  Don't really know how the off season testing policy/reporting testing goes though.

3 minutes ago, Titan8425 said:

Was wondering this the other day.  Not necessarily "avoid", but give himself extra time to pass a test.  Don't really know how the off season testing policy/reporting testing goes though.

If the NFL calls you to report to a random drug test, you can’t delay it. You show up when they say or you fail.

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

If the NFL calls you to report to a random drug test, you can’t delay it. You show up when they say or you fail.

Just speculating, but during the offseason the drug tests are random, while I assume that players arriving for TC all get tested.  See below.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/04/nfl-nflpa-revise-training-camp-drug-testing-due-to-covid-19/

The NFL Players Association has informed all players that the window for annual substance-abuse testing has moved to the period of August 7 through August 17, due to the inability of the league to complete the collection process. As a practical matter, this gives players even more time to allow any evidence of recent marijuana use to exit the system. However, it also delays the point at which players can begin using again, if they are so inclined.

Edited by japan

50 minutes ago, japan said:

I wonder if this was all to avoid a drug test...

Interesting theory. Wouldn't surprise me if someone like Beasley with such poor work ethic and lack of professionalism was also a drug head. 

7 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Or maybe after having a recent death in the family, he wasn't sure whether to opt out or not and wanted to stay with family members as long as possible even if it cost him some money. 

That's viable and I get it if that's the case (don't agree with how he went about it if this is the case). 

The not communicating with the team (your employer) does call somethings into question (character, maturity, etc). 

Don't really care at this point.  He's there and a mbr of this yr's team...just hope he contributes to the D taking a step foward.