Will GM Robinson Sign A Backup QB Or Will Woodside Be Backup QB For 2020?

MIKE75

Will GM Robinson Sign A Backup QB Or Will Woodside Be Backup QB For 2020?

Would prefer to sign a competent backup but from what a lot of fans are saying on twitter they think Woodside played good enough in the preseason last year to be given a shot at being backup for 2020 season.....

Thoughts??

Many teams regard a 3rd QB as a bit of a luxury.   This year, I’d say it’s a necessity.  

I suspect Woodside is probably fine as the QB2...but I could also see them keeping him at #3 and bringing in a veteran #2.   

It’s probably prudent to sign a backup and like Bink said isolate one of them.  I’d isolate Woodside since he knows the system and could come in if someone gets the virus.  You can have him quarantine for the entire season if need be just in case.

1 hour ago, Bink said:

I absolutely think we need to sign a veteran backup. Carrying two QBs seems seem incredibly risky. I would keep 2 and isolate the third. 

They can now protect a 3rd QB on the practice squad... assuming no other team claims McDonald or Woodside off waivers before they can sign him to the practice squad.

19 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They can now protect a 3rd QB on the practice squad... assuming no other team claims McDonald or Woodside off waivers before they can sign him to the practice squad.

Did they add that in the cba or is that a corona thing? I know they added the extra oline in cba but didnt hear about a qb clause.

12 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Did they add that in the cba or is that a corona thing? I know they added the extra oline in cba but didnt hear about a qb clause.

Yes, because of coronavirus they expanded the practice squads to 16 players and allowed teams to protect 4 of those players so other teams can’t sign them. Also, 6 of them can have any level of NFL experience. None of that was part of the new CBA originally.

1 minute ago, Lars said:

Don’t worry , Tannihill has a stellar health history. He’s an iron man. 

His injury history isn't ass bad as people think. He was hurt 2 of 7 or 8 years. And if memory serves they were related and I know they were in bavk to back seasons. He isnt mariota where you need to cringe every time he gets hit. He just got hurt. This story line is bullshit. 

Do people expect every qb to be frave and play 20 years and miss like 2 games?

Archived