10 A See

NFL GM: “We played Mariota twice, beat him both times and he was awful.”

39 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I know that people get all upset about how much blame the talent around Mariota got blamed and while I agree there was some inequity there, I really don't feel too bad because quite honestly, the talent in Tennessee had been subpar for a long time and many of those guys who left Tennessee went on to do absolutely nothing at their new teams. 

What really does upset me though is this idea that the organization "ruined" Mariota. You nailed it. That narrative is complete bullshit. I don't see how anyone could objectively look at the situation and not see that every facet of the organization was devoted to helping him succeed. We sacrificed 6 games in a playoff season just to give him every last opportunity to play well. If anything, he ruined himself. He became injury prone, acquired injuries that he never healed from, and then played so scared that he was the most gun-shy QB in recent memory. Multiple coaches talked about how they wanted Mariota to just let it rip and he never did. Sure, he had some adversity to face but so does every young QB drafted high. 

When you provide your young QB with an elite running game, solid defense and elite o-line that's more than enough for a QB to succeed. Star QBs have succeeded with less.

23 minutes ago, big2033 said:

When you provide your young QB with an elite running game, solid defense and elite o-line that's more than enough for a QB to succeed. Star QBs have succeeded with less.

Yup. Any QB worth something would've been consistently successful last season and instead Mariota was at his most frustrating. I'll never harbor the level of hate that some do but I will certainly resent the fact that he nearly cost us the most entertaining season I've ever had as a fan. That said, I'd be perfectly happy to never see any more Mariota threads. I'm over him and quite frankly the constant "I was right" dick swinging gets annoying. Everyone knows who was right and who was wrong by now. We have a real QB now.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Yup. Any QB worth something would've been consistently successful last season and instead Mariota was at his most frustrating. I'll never harbor the level of hate that some do but I will certainly resent the fact that he nearly cost us the most entertaining season I've ever had as a fan. That said, I'd be perfectly happy to never see any more Mariota threads. I'm over him and quite frankly the constant "I was right" dick swinging gets annoying. Everyone knows who was right and who was wrong by now. We have a real QB now.

I'll just add that it was not fun watching the offense from 2017-whenever Tannehill took over.  On an pure entertainment level the Titans weren't very good to watch.  I mean they won games but some of those low scoring stinkers were snoozers.

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I'll just add that it was not fun watching the offense from 2017-whenever Tannehill took over.  On an pure entertainment level the Titans weren't very good to watch.  I mean they won games but some of those low scoring stinkers were snoozers.

Last season was the first that I've felt like I was watching a real NFL team. It felt really good to look at some of the teams on our schedule and legitimately know that we were the more talented side. Tannehill changed everything. We're lucky.

Just now, Mythos27 said:

Last season was the first that I've felt like I was watching a real NFL team. It felt really good to look at some of the teams on our schedule and legitimately know that we were the more talented side. Tannehill changed everything. We're lucky.

Oh definitely.  Stuff like the WR getting hit in stride with passes and getting more YAC, to long bombs getting completed (to be fair to Mariota some of this wasn't his fault), to the insane red zone efficiency.

Remember at some points in 2017-2019, we'd watch other teams with great offenses and say "oh geez that's what a real offense looks like".  We don't have to do that anymore.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Oh definitely.  Stuff like the WR getting hit in stride with passes and getting more YAC, to long bombs getting completed (to be fair to Mariota some of this wasn't his fault), to the insane red zone efficiency.

Remember at some points in 2017-2019, we'd watch other teams with great offenses and say "oh geez that's what a real offense looks like".  We don't have to do that anymore.

Forget rezone efficiency, had inside the 40 efficiency to point we dont know if our kicker can make a fg lol.

On 8/1/2020 at 8:22 AM, Makaveli said:

I will give him props for winning us our first playoff game since 2003. Imo no Mariota no playoffs or playoff victory that year.

I give Mariota props just like I gave Vince Young props for making us relevant in years we shoulda been in the cellar winning 2-3 games after our cap salary issues. 

Sure Jon Robinson has been stellar, but you can't credit him for Mariotas early success because he really hadn't been in charge long enough. He was hired in 2016. Takes years for a GM to mold and shape a roster. Mariota never posted a losing record and won games with some pretty below average talent.

Mariota has a career record of 29-32. The only point in Mariota's career where he had a winning record was his 1st game vs KC. He never had a winning record after that. 

1 hour ago, GOAT9 said:

Mariota has a career record of 29-32. The only point in Mariota's career where he had a winning record was his 1st game vs KC. He never had a winning record after that. 

Have 2 admit that game gave everyone of us a hard on though lol.

Mariota's mechanics are horrible, he's consistently inaccurate, he's way to slow to read defenses and deliver passes and his game management skills are absolutely terrible. 

Of course he busted