10 A See

NFL GM: “We played Mariota twice, beat him both times and he was awful.”

https://theathletic.com/1945894/2020/07/27/2020-quarterback-tiers-50-coaches-and-evaluators-rank-the-nfl-starters/?redirected=1

“Honestly, if you watched the preseason tape last year, Tannehill vs. Mariota, and you are totally unbiased, Tannehill outplayed him and should have been starting from day one,” an exec said. “We played Mariota twice, beat him both times and he was awful.”

Ouch. 

A former GM on Tannehill:

“Great running game, play-action pass —he’s a good quarterback in that type of system,” a former GM said. “He’s an Andy Dalton, maybe a little better because he is more mobile and gives you a better element there. Good play-calling, good scheme fit, a strong three, but you take away the run game, he’s not good enough to get to Tier 2. Definitely more accurate than (Marcus) Mariota.”

I think Tannehill is better than what he has been given credit for. I thought he played well in Miami, but just had terrible teams. 

Discuss...

Why does this forum insist on bringing up past failed players nonstop. It's an obsession. He's gone. Who fucking cares about last year or 5 years ago. Let him be gone. He's the Raiders problem now. Marcus stopped existing to me as soon as he left. Yes, Marcus sucked I get it. Why is that relevant to the Titans in 2020?

3 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Why does this forum insist on bringing up past failed players nonstop. It's an obsession. He's gone. Who fucking cares about last year or 5 years ago. Let him be gone. He's the Raiders problem now. Marcus stopped existing to me as soon as he left. Yes, Marcus sucked I get it. Why is that relevant to the Titans in 2020?

?

Just now, Callidus said:

?

See Mariota in the thread title? Enough about him. Move on. Pass that torch to the Raiders fans. Let them shit themselves to see him pass a lame fart of a pass for 7 yards into the ground.

1 minute ago, Somedude said:

See Mariota in the thread title? Enough about him. Move on. Pass that torch to the Raiders fans. Let them shit themselves to see him pass a lame fart of a pass for 7 yards into the ground.

My point was you are adding to it and saying stop talking about it.

Just now, Callidus said:

My point was you are adding to it and saying stop talking about it.

Then use words. I have a lot of poo inside me. I can fart loud enough to rattle the rafters but I cannot read minds.

I was thinking about who that was.  It had to be someone in Buffalo's front office as they've been there two years, they beat the Titans both times and Mariota didn't have particularly good games in either one (although those certainly weren't among his worst games, he just wasn't productive enough in them).  They're the only team who it could've been.

Obviously the guy is right about Mariota. No need for further discussion. I'm surprised he essentially called Tannehill a system only QB. I would've thought an NFL GM  would have a more nuanced view of Tannehill than the average analyst. 

A buddy of mine is a Raiders fan. The amount of delusion that fan base has about Mariota already is nuts. He believes he wasn’t utilized right and that Gruden will help him.

My reply? Gruden will coach Mariota tough and he will fold, or get hurt like he always does. Carr’s job has never been safer!

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

A buddy of mine is a Raiders fan. The amount of delusion that fan base has about Mariota already is nuts. He believes he wasn’t utilized right and that Gruden will help him.

There is no way they will be worse than this fan base or board