Trump Suggests Delaying the Election

tgo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is officially calling for a change to the election. And if you don't think that's a canary in the mines for him to try to ignore the results of the election, you are kidding yourself.  

Posted Images

I think there is about a zero % chance this Tweet by Trump wasn't explicitly planned to distract from the worst ever GDP announcement today.

He has played this same "look at this shiny object over here" game dozens of times in the past 4 years...

Of course, he is double dipping as he wants to never leave office and face prosecution so this Tweet was eventually coming...

Edited by ChemEngr79

33 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

With Trump suggesting delaying the election today, I just wanted to share this thorough thought experiment that answers everything from can he do it to what would happen if there was no election by the end of his term:

The disturbing part in there was how Trump might try to send troops into each state's polling stations to keep people from voting.  He damn near tried to send troops into DC when the protests first started.  

29 minutes ago, patsplat said:

This reinforces my sentiment that not only does Trump need to lose the election in a landslide, but also he should be immediately impeached at the earliest opportunity.

Impeaching him again won’t help. The senate isn’t going to vote to convict. 

4 hours ago, chef said:

Can you imagine Republicans reaction had Obama tweeted something say like We are looking into the possibility of a 3rd term. 

There is only one pub poster here that I give credit for having walking around sense, but I have seen @El Guapo throw shade on topics about things Trump had done which were atrocious.

The pubs were so afraid Obama would do a lot of the things Trump has done.  They said those things were unconstitutional.  Character.  I think it's time for someone to show some of it.

"I have voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980, including voting for Donald Trump in 2016. I wrote op-eds and a law review article protesting what I believe was an unconstitutional investigation by Robert Mueller. I also wrote an op-ed opposing President Trump’s impeachment.

But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate."

Edited by tgo

2 hours ago, patsplat said:

This reinforces my sentiment that not only does Trump need to lose the election in a landslide, but also he should be immediately impeached at the earliest opportunity.

He is already assembling his SS troops.  I don't think they are organized enough to protect his removal from the WH, but they can intimidate voters like troops do in other countries.  If they killed a couple of democrat voters, it will slow the turnout.  If he loses and refuses to leave the WH, will the US military go in and remove him?  As the military stands now they would, but he removes people quickly who don't do his bidding.

If he refuses to leave, it will do even more damage to America.  I think the people who actually love America are going to have to face the fact that there are powerful forces trying to take over the country.  They want to change the constitution and remove many, many of the rights we enjoy.  The USA has turned a blind eye to these people, such as allow them to march brandishing weapons into the highest government offices of various states.  How long before they decide to get even more aggressive?  

Trump has turned out to be a way bigger problem that anyone imagined.  It will take a long, long time to clean up the wreckage after he is gone.

I told you guys weeks ago the idea of rationing resources for battleground states is out the window. We as a nation have to go for the full sweep and those resources used on all fronts across the nation. He needs to not only be beaten in the EC but entirely annihilated in the popular vote.  

11 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Trump has turned out to be a way bigger problem that anyone imagined.  

Oh, I imagined it, and more.  Kinda half expected him to want to guild the white house in gold and rebrand the Oval Office the Trump Central Command or something. 

Pretty certain I was not alone.