DL Amani Bledsoe

RB Shaun Wilson

TE Cole Herdeman 

WR Trevion Thompson 

LB Nigel Harris

OL Zac Kerin 

Edited by tgo

@Starkiller - I think it was you that mentioned futures guys getting cut as well. 

Well looks like it was exclusively “futures” guys, including my guy Bledsoe. All veteran developmental cuts, no UDFA cuts. 

Edited by tgo

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

@Starkiller - I think it was you that mentioned futures guys getting cut as well. 

Well looks like it was exclusively futures guys, including my guy Bledsoe. All veteran cuts, no UDFA cuts. 

Bledsoe is the only guy I thought had a shot to make it.

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

Bledsoe is the only guy I thought had a shot to make it.

Same

I liked Bledsoe last year, but they have a lot of guys on the DLine already (plus they are hoping for another) and I guess they decided he was clearly below all the other guys who came back after last year.

With every team having to get down to 80 immediately, it’s almost impossible to think that any of these guys (from every team, not just the Titans) will get claimed on waivers. But there could be an odd outlier or 2.

Edited by Starkiller

9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

With every team having to get down to 80 immediately, it’s almost impossible to think that any of these guys (from every team, not just the Titans) will get claimed on waivers. But there could be an odd outlier or 2.

For sure I could see bledsoe or another guy come back to the practice squad. This tells me they were not a lock for that and they wanted to look at other guys they know less about in his case at least. With the way camp and with no preseason they are better off jettisoning likely cuts they know first even if they may make the ps.

Might only be a very small thing but JRob keeping all 14 UDFA and at least letting them enter camp and give them a chance however small to make an impression could help during next draft cycle when the UDFA scramble is going on, it shows all UDFA that if you decide to sign with the Titans they will at the very least give you the opportunity to compete and show what you have.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Well looks like it was exclusively “futures” guys, including my guy Bledsoe. All veteran developmental cuts, no UDFA cuts. 

Wasn’t Bledsoe a very good college player who just didn’t really have the physical traits? For some reason I remember being surprised he was an UDFA, I legit thought he played like a 3rd round type in College. But I’m pretty sure he was only about 280 & had pretty poor workout numbers, which explained things. But I feel liked he picked right up in preseason where he did in college & looked good, albeit against borderline roster types.

22 minutes ago, Face said:

Wasn’t Bledsoe a very good college player who just didn’t really have the physical traits? For some reason I remember being surprised he was an UDFA, I legit thought he played like a 3rd round type in College. But I’m pretty sure he was only about 280 & had pretty poor workout numbers, which explained things. But I feel liked he picked right up in preseason where he did in college & looked good, albeit against borderline roster types.

Yeah, and he was looking good in camp last year. Maybe just didn't quite have the physical traits to be up to the task in the end. 

I like these two young guys we got in UDFA this year even more though, in Kobe Smith and Teair Tart. To go along with Isaiah Mack, Joey Ivie, and Matt Dickerson. 

Edited by tgo

43 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Might only be a very small thing but JRob keeping all 14 UDFA and at least letting them enter camp and give them a chance however small to make an impression could help during next draft cycle when the UDFA scramble is going on, it shows all UDFA that if you decide to sign with the Titans they will at the very least give you the opportunity to compete and show what you have.

Well put. What I said but better.

DIdn't most if not all of these UDFA's receive some kind of signing bonus? I mean, I would keep them around a couple weeks too if I already gave them money up front to try out. I get it's not a lot of money, but it's more about the principle. 

7 hours ago, Supdawg said:

DIdn't most if not all of these UDFA's receive some kind of signing bonus? I mean, I would keep them around a couple weeks too if I already gave them money up front to try out. I get it's not a lot of money, but it's more about the principle. 

Not a lot by football standards but it would keep most people afloat for a good period of time.