Gohmert Introduces Bill to Ban the Democratic Party (Update: Gets Stricken By Disease)

tgo

"A great portion of the history of the Democratic Party is filled with racism and hatred. Since people are demanding we rid ourselves of the entities, symbols, and reminders of the repugnant aspects of our past, then the time has come for Democrats to acknowledge their party’s loathsome and bigoted past, and consider changing their party name to something that isn’t so blatantly and offensively tied to slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination, and the Ku Klux Klan,” Gohmert said in a statement.

Lol - just owning the libs. So much winning. 

Edited by tgo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The same people claiming the democrats are the party of the KKK scream bloody murder when you are talking about taking away Confederate monuments and the flag.    "Don't mess with my heritag

The stupid. It burns...   https://politicalwire.com/2020/07/29/gohmert-returns-to-office-after-testing-positive/   "After testing positive for the coronavirus, Rep. Louie Gohmert (

Posted Images

People like him are the old Democrat party to which he is referring.  Texas, where he represents, had two Democrat conventions during part of Roosevelt's terms which is when the split first started and now it is complete with the current Republican party being the conclusion of the splitting section.

Edited by 9 Nines

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

About as logical as some of the shit coming from the left. Maybe something like Woke People’s Party...

What hyper liberal party has suggested banning the other party?  

I know you're one of the remaining few, and I used to somewhat respect your opinion, but do you feel an absolute necessity to defend everything from the GOP?  

Can you openly say this is ridiculous without mentioning the left.  Can you? 

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

I know you're one of the remaining few, and I used to somewhat respect your opinion, but do you feel an absolute necessity to defend everything from the GOP?  

He really needs to sober up. 

4 hours ago, Rogue said:

If you just stepped back and look at the ridiculous insanity of getting rid of people, names, monuments, etc. because of some historical action that the left finds objectionable, then you should at least acknowledge that the Democrats were the party of slavery, secession, KKK, etc. Arguably a lot more heinous than calling a team Redskins. 

By the way, sarcasm...Sheldon.

At this point the Dems SHOULD change their name just to end the absolutely mind-numbingly idiotic argument that our 2 party system never radically changed sides and re-aligned. 

Any Republican that tries to argue this is admitting their historical acumen is akin to a 2nd grader. It’s admitting to the world they’re a stupid biased party-hack. 

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

If you just stepped back and look at the ridiculous insanity of getting rid of people, names, monuments, etc. because of some historical action that the left finds objectionable, then you should at least acknowledge that the Democrats were the party of slavery, secession, KKK, etc. Arguably a lot more heinous than calling a team Redskins. 

By the way, sarcasm...Sheldon.

Trump has been a Democrat longer than a Republican. Does that mean he's still a racist at heart? What about Reagan?

2 hours ago, begooode said:

kar·ma

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

Very misused term as it is typically applied to the now rather than a future life.  More appropriately, Lennon's Instant Karma.

Though I think I do prefer the true Hindu concepts of karma vs say Christian heaven when it comes to reward-based religious behavioral control mechanisms.

Gohmert gonna Gomer it up:

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) is questioning whether his positive coronavirus test could have been linked to his face mask. Gohmert, one of several House Republicans who have been notable in not wearing masks at the Capitol, told KETK-TV, a Fox News affiliate, that he'd been wearing a mask more frequently. 

“It's really ironic, because, you know, a lot of people have made a big deal out of me not wearing a mask a lot, but in the last week or two. I have worn a mask, more than I have in the whole last four months," he said.

He then questioned whether that could have led to his positive test.

“But I can't help but wonder if my keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, that if I might have put some germs or some of the virus onto the mask and breathed it in — I don't know. But I got it, we'll see what happens from here, but the reports of my demise are very premature," he said.