Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi there to my Titans family!

I come to you all in a bit of a time of need. I know this is way off-topic, but hoping you all can help!

 

Our dog Max has been a healthy dog for much of his life, but unfortunately after undergoing some recent blood work, our veterinarian called us and told us to take him in immediately for an ultrasound. Upon reviewing it they discovered that Max has two masses in his abdomen that require immediate attention. The masses are located on his spleen and liver, but veterinarian specialist have confirmed that Max is a perfect candidate for surgery to have the masses removed and tested due to his good health and the location of the masses. The vet is giving him a good prognosis but warned us that delays in surgery can create issues as the masses can continue to grow and eventually they will rupture. This would cause Max a lot of pain and suffering that we do not want him to endure. We had our consult with the surgeon and confirmed that they would be going in to do a laparotomy and splenectomy, but once again stated that he believes Max is a great candidate for the surgery and gave him a good prognosis. 

 

As you can all probably imagine, this surgery is quite pricey as the estimate is between $7,200-$10,600. Due to this we decided to start a GoFundMe to potentially alleviate some of the weight of that price to help save our dogs life.

 

If possible, can you all share this out on any social media forms that you have?

The link to share is below. Any help and support is greatly appreciated!

 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hope-for-our-max

 

Thank you!

Edited by titanskick8851

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our dog just went through the same surgery, now is on chemo. As long as the surgery goes well, life expectancy is pretty good. It's pricey though.  We had to delay putting siding on the house this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

They have already biopsied the masses and determined they aren't cancerous?

 

Not yet. That wasn't something they could do without just going in and doing the surgery, but other blood work, chest X-Rays, and his general attitude/demeanor have been really good. The doctor said he has a really good prognosis, but the biggest thing being we won't know for 2-3 days after the surgery if the masses come back benign. That is probably the most frustrating thing is that we can't really do anything but wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

 

Not yet. That wasn't something they could do without just going in and doing the surgery, but other blood work, chest X-Rays, and his general attitude/demeanor have been really good. The doctor said he has a really good prognosis, but the biggest thing being we won't know for 2-3 days after the surgery if the masses come back benign. That is probably the most frustrating thing is that we can't really do anything but wait and see.

We had a dog years ago with a mass on it's chest area and they biopsied it first thing, but maybe the location of your dog's masses make it hard to get to and do that though?  With a person, they can insert a needle inside and biopsy masses on the spleen/liver, etc. but maybe a vet doesn't have the right equipment to do this?  I'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop who you are with and get a consult with Auburn Oncology.  They are the best.  To be clear Auburn University.

Edited by FRT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

Our dog just went through the same surgery, now is on chemo. As long as the surgery goes well, life expectancy is pretty good. It's pricey though.  We had to delay putting siding on the house this year.

Yeah we are quickly seeing that. We have racked up about $2k in vet bills so far and then the surgey will be another $7k-$10k.

How is your dog doing though? Does he/she have energy still through the chemo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FRT said:

Stop who you are with and get a consult with Auburn Oncology.  They are the best.  To be clear Auburn University.

Ugh I wish we could! We live out in California now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

We had a dog years ago with a mass on it's chest area and they biopsied it first thing, but maybe the location of your dog's masses make it hard to get to and do that though?  With a person, they can insert a needle inside and biopsy masses on the spleen/liver, etc. but maybe a vet doesn't have the right equipment to do this?  I'm not sure.

 

Yeah that is what I asked to and that was the answer I got. They actually want to do a CT scan right before he goes into surgery to check and see if they will be able to reach the mass on the liver. They aren't too concerned about the one on his spleen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Yeah we are quickly seeing that. We have racked up about $2k in vet bills so far and then the surgey will be another $7k-$10k.

How is your dog doing though? Does he/she have energy still through the chemo?

Had surgery in late April, still on chemo, all is going well. Your prices look similar, they will quote you high in case of complications, might come out less depending how the surgery goes. Chemo is around $500/month, she's not bad with chemo, sometimes has a hard spell and looks at me probably asking what's wrong. But way, way better than human chemo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Or I could send you some ammo 15-20.00 and you could save between 7,000-10,000. 

 

Do us a favor and use the ammo yourself. I'm sure no one will miss you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

 

Do us a favor and use the ammo yourself. I'm sure no one will miss you.

 

Come on man act civilized. Spending that kinda casholla on an animal is ridiculous. Use the money to help Humans. Sorry if I'm actually a sensible person with logical thinking and reasoning. *Shrug*

 

My offer still stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Hi there to my Titans family!

I come to you all in a bit of a time of need. I know this is way off-topic, but hoping you all can help!

 

Our dog Max has been a healthy dog for much of his life, but unfortunately after undergoing some recent blood work, our veterinarian called us and told us to take him in immediately for an ultrasound. Upon reviewing it they discovered that Max has two masses in his abdomen that require immediate attention. The masses are located on his spleen and liver, but veterinarian specialist have confirmed that Max is a perfect candidate for surgery to have the masses removed and tested due to his good health and the location of the masses. The vet is giving him a good prognosis but warned us that delays in surgery can create issues as the masses can continue to grow and eventually they will rupture. This would cause Max a lot of pain and suffering that we do not want him to endure. We had our consult with the surgeon and confirmed that they would be going in to do a laparotomy and splenectomy, but once again stated that he believes Max is a great candidate for the surgery and gave him a good prognosis. 

 

As you can all probably imagine, this surgery is quite pricey as the estimate is between $7,200-$10,600. Due to this we decided to start a GoFundMe to potentially alleviate some of the weight of that price to help save our dogs life.

 

If possible, can you all share this out on any social media forms that you have?

The link to share is below. Any help and support is greatly appreciated!

 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hope-for-our-max

 

Thank you!

How old is your dog?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...