AOC is going to be around for a long time

Starkiller

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Well then, I guess she won’t win in her district, right?

Oh she represents her district well. Seems like a good fit for the folks there. 

It’s just the rest of America that she has problems with. 

Anyway, just came across a scientific poll and thought I’d kindly share it! 

Edited by tgo

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In case you haven’t heard about this story, a right wing Republican congressman accosted AOC outside the capital in earshot of reporters and, among other things, called her a “fucking bitch”. He then

Fuck with the bull get the horns     Over half the country considers AOC crazy, including a bunch of idiot Dems. Meanwhile Trump bootlicking joke Haley will be considered a moderat

Right wing media and the GOP wouldn't attack her non stop if they didn't think she was a threat. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Oh she represents her district well. 

It’s just the rest of America that she had problem with. 

For the same reason Republicans demonized Pelosi for years and Hillary before that... politics.

17 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

For the same reason Republicans demonized Pelosi for years and Hillary before that... politics.

Pelosi has been in politics far longer than Ocasio-Cortez has been alive. 

Best of luck to the representative from NY though. 

I’ll happily support her as soon as she stops talking about a 70% tax, stops supporting MFA, stops supporting the Green New Deal, and stops being so insufferably naive. Seems like she’s making some strides on that last bit though at least. 

Maybe by the time she’s old enough to be president, she’ll have adapted even more to the American political environment and will have continued to become more pragmatic. 

Edited by tgo

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

Pelosi has been in politics far longer than Ocasio-Cortez has been alive. 

Best of luck to the representative from NY though. 

I’ll happily support her as soon as she stops talking about a 70% tax, stops supporting MFA, stops supporting the Green New Deal, and stops being so insufferably naive. Seems like she’s making some strides on that last bit though at least. 

Then I guess you won’t be happy to hear that Rashida Tlaib won her Democratic primary last night and Ilhan Omar will do the same next Tuesday...

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Then I guess you won’t be happy to hear that Rashida Tlaib won her Democratic primary last night and Ilhan Omar will do the same next Tuesday...

Haha well I already knew that of course, because I have been monitoring their races closely. 

Frankly though, the presence of a few loud far left fringe extremist show horses in the party won’t make a big difference in terms of actual legislation or governance most likely. Everyone makes a huge deal about the “Squad” but the New Democrats and Blue Dog Coalition far out number them. And of course everyone else who is in the middle in the Caucus. 

Edited by tgo

11 minutes ago, Come on Titans said:

...gotta admit I keep opening the thread hoping someone has found some hot pics of AOC :cj2k:

I couldn't think of a better reason to be in this thread!  Throwing in a couple random ones.  If only she had one of those big'uns slipping out of her shirt...

DmhCjUBWwAA7r2Y.jpg

Big'uns Dem Party Unite!

aoc-pelosi-203.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&

13 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Biden is leading the Democratic Party left at an unparalleled pace so AOC will be pretty mainstream by the end of his presidency. 

Well, still quite to the left I think, but not as much as before. 

There definitely needs to be some major legislative movement in this post pandemic environment to expand the social net and get the economy back on track and secure the future for the coming generation. 

I think there's tons of common sense but revolutionary things that can be done outside of banning fracking and cow flatulence and essentially abolishing private health insurance. 

c’mon man!

“The Ethics Committee found that the salary payments that Tlaib received from the campaign were inconsistent with Federal Election Commission (FEC) requirements, although it concluded that her "violation of the applicable restrictions was one of bad timing and not ill intent."”