AOC is going to be around for a long time

Starkiller

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In case you haven’t heard about this story, a right wing Republican congressman accosted AOC outside the capital in earshot of reporters and, among other things, called her a “fucking bitch”. He then

Fuck with the bull get the horns     Over half the country considers AOC crazy, including a bunch of idiot Dems. Meanwhile Trump bootlicking joke Haley will be considered a moderat

Right wing media and the GOP wouldn't attack her non stop if they didn't think she was a threat. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Yeah, I'm terrified of her and her small group of allies adversely affecting the Democratic Party and its ability to hold power in the future. 

I don't think I could ever support her for any office. Extraordinarily naive and extreme left. 

No, you're just a republican in Democrat clothing.

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

was as Republican as a Democrat could get.

Not really. Maybe compared to how left the party has gone in the last couple years, yeah. 

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Yeah, I'm terrified of her and her small group of allies adversely affecting the Democratic Party and its ability to hold power in the future. 

I don't think I could ever support her for any office. Extraordinarily naive and extreme left. 

She isn’t naive, she just has different beliefs than you do.

You are very pro-corporate and liberals are very pro-people. Part of the reason liberals have been rising in power is that Republicans, with the help of pro-corporate Dems, have made conditions so bad for so many people that there is a backlash. 

The option now is to either have the Democratic Party bring the message back away from the conservative, corporate model that has tried to find common ground with bad Republican ideas (to our detriment) or to see the party fracture. The longer people like you fight the liberal wing as if it’s the enemy the more likely the party is going to irreparably split down the middle. And the same can be said of Bernie Bros painting Hillary and Biden as the enemy.

Edited by Starkiller

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

I will guarantee that tgo votes Republican in 2028, potentially 2024. 

If it's the type of candidate I would expect him to support then I would welcome it.  Our choices right now are obvious but deeply unhealthy.

AOC is starting to understand she will make more of a difference working with and not against moderate dems. She is very smart and will be an asset long term as long as she doesn't fall victim to the extreme left. They will try to hold her up as their champion. Hopefully she is smart enough to resist.

Edited by oldschool

18 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I will guarantee that tgo votes Republican in 2028, potentially 2024. 

Most likely not in 2024. Have a hard time seeing that. The Republican Party will still distinctly be the Trump Right Wing Populist Party in 2024. 

20 minutes ago, tgo said:

Most likely not in 2024. Have a hard time seeing that. The Republican Party will still distinctly be the Trump Right Wing Populist Party in 2024. 

This is cognitive content.  Very similar to Person Woman Man Camera TV:259_elephant: ⬅️ Elephant! :P  

Edited by OilerTitanHybrid

3 hours ago, tgo said:

She’s fine as a representative in the House. Regardless of how you personally feel for her she’s done a lot to shift the party’s platform in a short period of time. She’s also an excellent and eloquent speaker. That was a powerful speech she gave right there. 

53 minutes ago, patsplat said:

If it's the type of candidate I would expect him to support then I would welcome it.  Our choices right now are obvious but deeply unhealthy.

Well, we know that supporting corporate interests and the military industrial complex is more important to him than issues generally associated with liberals. Frankly I’m surprised he would ever support a Democrat since all their policies are costs to big business. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

She’s fine as a representative in the House. Regardless of how you personally feel for her she’s done a lot to shift the party’s platform in a short period of time. She’s also an excellent and eloquent speaker. That was a powerful speech she gave right there. 

Well it was certainly emotional anyway. 

But yeah, I'm not gonna comment on all that, but I don't find her to be particularly eloquent on policy. I guess she is articulate and speaks clearly in some sense. I have no issue with her as a representative of an uber-liberal district in NY. But I have a problem with her trying to take down House Leadership chairmen and personally working behind the scenes to primary my guy Hakeem Jeffries who is considered the heir apparent to Pelosi. 

Edited by tgo