Jump to content
Starkiller

AOC is going to be around for a long time

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, oldschool said:

 

The best was Kim Guilfoyle claiming her Mother from Puerto Rico was an immigrant which made her a 1st generation American. Puerto Ricans have been U.S citizens since 1917. She is a natural born citizen. You can't make this shit up.

 

You guys are way too hung up on old-fashioned outdated terminology.

 

Under the new vernacular, "first generation American" now refers only to members of the Trump family and people who are screwing a Trump.     

 

Trump is the First Generation of TRUE Americans and the only generation that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tgo said:

This whole idea that anyone who isn't a far left progressive is a Republican is laughable. But I know people just say that to fuck with me.

 

You voted for a Republican president, you threatened to not vote for Bernie and vote down ballot Republican

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

 

You voted for a Republican president, you threatened to not vote for Bernie and vote down ballot Republican

 

 


I came around to voting for Bernie if necessary, and I’ve already addressed your other point recently - I would never vote for any Trump lackeys under any circumstance.

 

I’m not going to sit here and apologize for not being a fringe left wing extremist though or thinking there is an imaginable scenario in which a center leaning politician is closer to my point of view than an extremist from one side or another.

And as I previously mentioned, I’m voting for a very left progressive who I disagree with on several things in order to oust a Republican in my district. 
 

What are your thoughts on the core leaders of the Democratic Party - Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Steny Hoyer, Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin, Jim Clyburn, Kamala Harris in comparison to the fringe progressive leaders like Bernie or AOC or Ilhan Omar?  
 

I’ve actually gained a lot of respect for Bernie btw, and my view of him now is more positive than negative in the current political environment. But I’m just being factual about the fact that they represent more the insurgent left than the mainstream establishment Democratic Party. 
 

 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tgo said:

What are your thoughts on the core leaders of the Democratic Party - Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Steny Hoyer, Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin, Jim Clyburn, Kamala Harris in comparison to the fringe progressive leaders like Bernie or AOC or Ilhan Omar?  
 

I’ve actually gained a lot of respect for Bernie btw, and my view of him now is more positive than negative in the current political environment. But I’m just being factual about the fact that they represent more the insurgent left than the mainstream establishment Democratic Party. 

 

My thoughts on some of the older Dems are on hold, the only thing that matters is getting rid of Trump. For their faults they are not the threat Trump is and I'm voting straight Dem regardless. 

 

And of course you've come around on Sanders and some of the progressive ideas. The pandemic has exposed the hypocrisy of "How you gonna pay for it" and "Socialism". The stock market and US corporate structure is now completely socialized and government/fed funded.

 

10s of millions of people are unemployed, people are getting evicted while the richest people are getting richer than ever........

 

And a few months ago you were seriously posting you might not vote for the Dem candidate and/or vote down ballot Republican because you were afraid of what exactly? You didn't consider Trump a big enough threat? You were scared of socialism? All at the risk of keeping Trump/Republican in power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

 

My thoughts on some of the older Dems are on hold, the only thing that matters is getting rid of Trump. For their faults they are not the threat Trump is and I'm voting straight Dem regardless. 

 

And of course you've come around on Sanders and some of the progressive ideas. The pandemic has exposed the hypocrisy of "How you gonna pay for it" and "Socialism". The stock market and US corporate structure is now completely socialized and government/fed funded.

 

10s of millions of people are unemployed, people are getting evicted while the richest people are getting richer than ever........

 

And a few months ago you were seriously posting you might not vote for the Dem candidate and/or vote down ballot Republican because you were afraid of what exactly? You didn't consider Trump a big enough threat? You were scared of socialism? All at the risk of keeping Trump/Republican in power. 

 

It was just some heat of the moment primary campaign contention, I quickly conceded I'd vote for him. Even at the height of my dislike for Sanders in the last several years, I would never consider him more of a "threat" than Trump. My biggest issue with Sanders has always been a general lack of pragmatism which has led him to largely be an ineffective legislator, as well as the incendiary rhetoric. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

It was just some heat of the moment primary campaign contention, I quickly conceded I'd vote for him. Even at the height of my dislike for Sanders in the last several years, I would never consider him more of a "threat" than Trump. My biggest issue with Sanders has always been a general lack of pragmatism which has led him to largely be an ineffective legislator, as well as the incendiary rhetoric. 

 

You voted Romney, you threatened to not vote for the Dem candidate, you referred to Sanders/AOC as fringe and you spout Republican talking points and catch phrases constantly.  That's not heat of the moment. Harris is progressive and Biden has moved way left on policy. Accept what's coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

 

You voted Romney, you threatened to not vote for the Dem candidate, you referred to Sanders/AOC as fringe and you spout Republican talking points and catch phrases constantly.  That's not heat of the moment. Harris is progressive and Biden has moved way left on policy. Accept what's coming

Moderate Dems are going to learn the same lesson that Republicans will; the future is more progressive than they are. Young adults simply don't think like the "center" does and they can see how many of these centrist politicians have sold the middle class out to the corporations. Coronavirus exposed all the things Bernie has been railing against for decades. The wide-scale corruption is undeniable at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah So what is it that’s coming? Single payer or a hyper aggressive climate law? 
 

Us “moderates” that need to learn what’s coming vote btw, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Moderate Dems are going to learn the same lesson that Republicans will; the future is more progressive than they are. Young adults simply don't think like the "center" does and they can see how many of these centrist politicians have sold the middle class out to the corporations. Coronavirus exposed all the things Bernie has been railing against for decades. The wide-scale corruption is undeniable at this point.


Yeah, well I’ll be waiting for the progressive wing to seize control of the party - will keep an eye out so I can learn my lesson. 
 

The thing about the “center” is that it moves as necessary for political expediency and isn’t a purist movement seeking only to make a point. 
 

The only major distinction between the left and the “center” at this point is MFA advocacy. The issue will lose a lot of potency once a public option is instituted. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tgo said:


Yeah, well I’ll be waiting for the progressive wing to seize control of the party - will keep an eye out so I can learn my lesson. 
 

The thing about the “center” is that it moves as necessary for political expediency and isn’t a purist movement seeking only to make a point. 
 

The only major distinction between the left and the “center” at this point is MFA advocacy. The issue will lose a lot of potency once a public option is instituted. 

Full of shit as usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, tgo said:


Yeah, well I’ll be waiting for the progressive wing to seize control of the party - will keep an eye out so I can learn my lesson. 
 

The thing about the “center” is that it moves as necessary for political expediency and isn’t a purist movement seeking only to make a point. 
 

The only major distinction between the left and the “center” at this point is MFA advocacy. The issue will lose a lot of potency once a public option is instituted. 


Do you honestly think “business as usual” economic policy is going to solve any of America’s problems?
 

Biden will be a failed president if he does not address rampant economic inequality. And anything he does in that regard will be labeled “socialism”. 
 

What do you think he is going to do?

Edited by Starkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...