2 hours ago, Stan17 said:

Good luck competing with FWords and Broadway now

Fortunately, that has never been the point. And, fortunately, we've always pulled in a decent crowd even when we coasted towards the end. And, fortunately, there has always been plenty of room for a variety of fan podcasts, which all feel very different and appeal for different reasons. And, fortunately, we don't need (and won't try) to make money selling what is usually free.

... and, fortunately, FWords and Broadway exist for fans who want what they offer. I encouraged them to do something similar for years and, once upon a time, considered being part of that endeavor. I'd have done a different business model but I wasn't asked, I might have been wrong anyway and I won't begrudge them trying to beat PK at his own game. It's a broader (and often more in-depth and insightful) offering ... that I'll never pay for ... because I don't pay for sports coverage when so much of it is free ... but if you do, you should consider Broadway ... especially before it jumps to a surprising $10 / month. It's an interesting gambit for many of the most prolific fan content-creators (and a few schmucks) to band together, put up a paywall and try to transition to true media status. I wish them luck.

11 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

What is this Broadway podcast?

It's an entirely new website, created by most of the MCM content creators like Herndon, TitansFilmRoom, SuperHorn and even Jimmy. They're all doing more than they ever did before, some of it very interesting content, and they're charging a monthly fee (soon to be $10/month) instead of doing it for free like before. They offered Glennon a landing spot when he was let go from the Athletic and they'll cover more than just the Titans, I guess. They want to become the center of Nashville's sports coverage, basically. And they're starting off as a premium paywall offering.

Podcasts and some stuff they do will always be free, btw. FWords is the only truly notable one that existed before but Jimmy is doing a new podcast, they have a fantasy roundtable and a few other offerings.

12 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

It's an entirely new website, created by most of the MCM content creators like Herndon, TitansFilmRoom, SuperHorn and even Jimmy. They're all doing more than they ever did before, some of it very interesting content, and they're charging a monthly fee (soon to be $10/month) instead of doing it for free like before. They offered Glennon a landing spot when he was let go from the Athletic and they'll cover more than just the Titans, I guess. They want to become the center of Nashville's sports coverage, basically. And they're starting off as a premium paywall offering.

Podcasts and some stuff they do will always be free, btw. FWords is the only truly notable one that existed before but Jimmy is doing a new podcast, they have a fantasy roundtable and a few other offerings.

link?