Two Tone Crew: The After-Birth

Jamalisms

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the pandemic and working from home, I have time to do this again. I can't guarantee but it looks like we might move forward.   Anyone who doesn't sound like a complete loser (we already

We already have one

What about @Jonboy? @TitansGuru? Get the original band completely back together, at least for one gig?

Posted Images

I always loved the schematic stuff that Superhorn did.  He really understood scheme very well & Ive always been a nerd with that type of stuff. X’s & O’s is one of the main reasons I love football & got into it. Looking back actually it’s the reason I became an Oiler fan, I loved the run n shoot as a kid, even though looking back I think we wasted some great rosters in the early 90’s with the offense......our talent was  in the trenches & on D. 

But anyway I’ve always enjoyed Suoerhorn’s posts on scheme. IMO you don’t see enough articles on scheme & I always wish there was more talk on the message boards about it, though TR always had a fair share.

One of the things I don’t like about the modern game, speaking of, is how similar every team’s playbooks are now. There’s  no such thing as West Coast or Erhardt/Perkins or Coryell anymore, everybody just uses a mish mash. You can even predict the coaches response in interviews. It’s like I know you’re gonna say “I don’t have a system, I build around my players”.  Drives me insane. That’s why I always loved Arians, he’s the rare  guy who has a distinct system & is clear about what he wants to do.

In regards to Herndon breaking out with those other guys. I think they’ll do well essentially going for a local Athletic vibe. But jeez if they want the podcasts to do well, they’re going to have to work on their podcast voices. Herndon is boring AF. Much better at writing IMO.

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

In regards to Herndon breaking out with those other guys. I think they’ll do well essentially going for a local Athletic vibe. But jeez if they want the podcasts to do well, they’re going to have to work on their podcast voices. Herndon is boring AF. Much better at writing IMO.

Herndon is no Scotty, that's for sure!

• Jonboy unpinned this topic