AussieTitanFan08

Details emerging about how the covid-19 player opt out option would work

The problem, for the players, is that an NFL career is very short. Yeah, a few get 20 years, but most get closer to 5. Taking a full year off is a huge loss of money. So I think Oman is right that most won't take it. Some may have enough money already and have family members at risk, etc. So, it might happen. But I think it will be rare.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I can't imagine any players would opt out

I seriously doubt that the very same guys who still play knowing the serious nature of brain injuries are going to balk at coronavirus as they are at relatively low risk (maybe not some of the 300+ lb guys).

Maybe a few with family related concerns would sit out knowing they would have to distance themselves for the next 6 months.

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I can't imagine any players would opt out

They're just putting it in so when some get seriously I'll from Covid, players can't say they were forced to play and sue the league.

The whole thing hinges on the assumption that there will be NFL football in 2021, and that all required team activities will take place in 2021.  Not sure if or how they would be able to amend an already signed contract agreement if the 2021 NFL season is also impacted by coronavirus (or some other phony bullshit "pandemic').

18 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Just for the people who don’t read the political forum: Denali said a billion plus people were going to die in the United States. 

I was just showing what the total number of deaths would look like over time if the death rate remained where it was.  It was merely a chart - not an outright long term prediction.  But I was showing how devastating an exponential death rate can be over time.

As it was, it held up for about a week and then the curve flattened.  But instead of acknowledging that the coronavirus flu is no worse than other flus, the CDC and health departments decided to double and triple down with increasingly stricter and long term restrictions and shutdowns - all backed up with bullshit lies because the numbers didn't go where they wanted them to go.

Edited by Denali

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

For those who don’t read TR very often: Denali is an idiot. 

Everyone knows the emperor has no clothes, but that's all good for you libtards because you like looking at naked men.

For the rest of us, we call it as it is.

43 minutes ago, Denali said:

Everyone knows the emperor has no clothes, but that's all good for you libtards because you like looking at naked men.

For the rest of us, we call it as it is.

As long as the guy in charge isnt a retard I dont give a duck if they wear anything after what we have now.

Even bush would listen to the smart people around him even of they were ass hats. Trump does wtf ever he wants to the detriment of the nation.

20 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Even bush would listen to the smart people around him even of they were ass hats. Trump does wtf ever he wants to the detriment of the nation.

Yeah, Trump is now in a battle with Fauci.  I can't even explain how STUPID that is.