Washington Football Franchise Blow-up Coming

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

His response says enough.

I defended him two days ago for the same reason you’re stating. It is what it is. I’ll defend him again at some point knowing that any conversation the two of us have will not be in good faith. 

As I tell my kids: you be you.  You can barely control who you are, and certainly cannot another nor should you try.

Attempt to do the right thing independent of those around you, and always challenge your own assumption if what is right in the first place.  You'll do the wrong thing often enough, but at least not with conscious intention, leaving room for growth and honest amends.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wish he could spell salacious...

Melania would disagree.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

weak. I was expecting some good story line. This sexual l harassment story is a couple years late to blow the organization up.

Well just you wait.  Never know how selasious, cellacious, selloftenenoughus..... oh hell how NASTY it may still get.

13 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

weak. I was expecting some good story line. This sexual l harassment story is a couple years late to blow the organization up.

Things could always get worse but if this is as bad as it gets, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong these dudes are complete scumbags and I hope they pay in some way but the story certainly didn't have the magnitude it was hyped up to have. 

37 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Things could always get worse but if this is as bad as it gets, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong these dudes are complete scumbags and I hope they pay in some way but the story certainly didn't have the magnitude it was hyped up to have. 

15 women on record as being sexually assaulted is way bigger than the original hype train. 

32 minutes ago, oldschool said:

15 women on record as being sexually assaulted is way bigger than the original hype train. 

I thought we were going to get allegations of sexual coercion, physical sexual assault/rape, inappropriate relationships with the media, and a culture of rampant drug abuse. There were also rumors that the corruption happened on the field as well. I'm not downplaying how bad the story is, I just thought it would be much worse. Snyder is certainly in a world of shit.

None of this (so far) comes close to the level of Snyder being forced to sell the team. It may force him to replace a bunch of implicated employees, hire more HR people, and speak out publicly about changing the culture, but that’s it...

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Bribing refs?

That would be a totally different story, but so far that hasn’t come out from any reputable source. And Snyder would have had to know about it personally for it to affect his ownership of the team. If a coach did it then the team would probably just lose a draft pick.

Also, Dan Snyder tried to change the name of the Washington Redskins. That kind of conduct is unforgivable, and will get you thrown out of football.

I guess now we know the real reason for the name change. It was just q weak anus pre-emptive face-saving attempt by Snyder. It didn't have anything thing to do with placating the minority owners over social awareness motives, or if it did it had very little to do with it. 

I'm thinking they all got tipped about what was about to hit the media about the team. It seems to me like the minority owners decided to try and get out in front of things by making a fuss over the name. They knew all along about all the shit going on, or at least had a good idea about it, and made the decision to sell as soon as they heard that the shit was about to hit the fan.

But if they knew, even if they weren't part of what was going on, doesn't that make them somewhat complicit?