Jonboy

Titans Reach 4-Yr Deal With Henry, $25.5 Million Guaranteed

6 minutes ago, ctm said:

Henry was tagged going into the draft.  Even if we took a 1st round RB, he would likely still be here under the tag.

The real question is:  would the Titans be a better team, short term and long term, if they had take a RB in the 1st and a developmental OT in the 3rd?

We'll never know. But you don't have a crystal ball going in.

You have the fact that you made the AFC Championship with a certain group of playres and have the space to bring back that group of players.

Edited by big2033

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Lot of carries on Henry.  We could be seeing the slowdown now. I hope not. Just saying it’s ludicrous to say that it was more important to sign Henry than Tannehill. 

He hasn’t slowed down, but he definitely looked a bit winded. He’s getting touches at almost an unprecedented rate, and he is t being a bitch about like he did his first two years trying to hop outside every single play to get away from contact. The play where he broke outside showed the same speed and tenacity, the one where they picked up the flag. He’s fine.

The line has looked great pass blocking over 2 games except for the whiff by Saffold, but they’ve got zero push in the run game. 

Defenses are using our scheme against us in a certain way, at least they have the first two games. They’re going two edge, 2 DL, 2 LBs all crunched in the middle. I expect to see some more single back outside zone to counter. 

If we expected things to start easy for Henry after what he did in the playoffs we got another thing coming. This is Tannehill's time to shine.

Big has been completely broken by this team. I don’t blame him, and I don’t disagree with him. Tannehill is playing really well inside of this scheme. We all saw that 3rd down screen to Smith that almost lost us the game. That isn’t the play call if they wanted to put the entire game on his shoulders. 

7 minutes ago, patsplat said:

I think the Titans played it right

Too early to say, but right now the team is getting nothing from the 1st pick.  And that comes in a year when the Titans have probably used up at least 75M in cap space and are all in to win a super bowl.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

Too early to say, but right now the team is getting nothing from the 1st pick.  And that comes in a year when the Titans have probably used up at least 75M in cap space and are all in to win a super bowl.

Neither is GB. They seem to be fine and are 2-0, just like us. 

So far this season, teams have been focusing on clogging up the running lanes to stop Henry. This has obviously slowed down the running game, but defenses fixating on Henry also helps the passing game.

Do other offenses do well without a great running back? Sure. But I think having an elite running threat like Henry seriously benefits the offense. Maybe it will be better having Evans in there and they might cut Henry in 2 years. We will have to wait and see on that. But for now Henry will still be a centerpiece of the offense and keep defenses fixated on stopping him.

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Neither is GB. They seem to be fine and are 2-0, just like us. 

GB's status is irrelevant to the Titans.  The question is whether they would be a better team.  As I said, too early to tell yet.

Just now, ctm said:

GB's status is irrelevant to the Titans.  The question is whether they would be a better team.  As I said, too early to tell yet.

It isn’t irrelevant. Late first round picks do not always have an immediate impact. There is a ton of precedent, and their team went just as far as ours and is all in on winning a SB over the next couple years. Don’t play the Charley Tolar game of what ifs. We chose Wilson because he’s a physical freak who could replace Conklin, but everyone knew it would take time. 

ignore this

Edit: why cant I/we delete stuff? 

I quoted someone who I misread and outside this question this post should be gone.

Edited by Callidus

It's amazing any Titans fans want to go after Henry.  The Titans are 2-0.  They played in Denver and today the Jaguars even had their mascot crowded up on the los.  iirc, Henry is a closer and he's more effective later in the season.

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's amazing any Titans fans want to go after Henry.  The Titans are 2-0.  They played in Denver and today the Jaguars even had their mascot crowded up on the los.  iirc, Henry is a closer and he's more effective later in the season.

But he's going to need Evans back soon in order to have legs fresh enough to be a closer later.

Evans is a big key for Henry this year.

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I'm not down on Henry but I am concerned. Last year we saw loaded boxes but we aren't seeing the YAC. I hope this has to do with lack of preseason and it gets better with time.

8 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

I'm not down on Henry but I am concerned. Last year we saw loaded boxes but we aren't seeing the YAC. I hope this has to do with lack of preseason and it gets better with time.

Yeah, short camps and no preseason is probably a big part of it.  Plus, he had a large number of carries in Denver.