Titans Reach 4-Yr Deal With Henry, $25.5 Million Guaranteed

Jonboy

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now we need to lock in his lead blocker.  

And from earlier in the day...     Update: Official, per Glazer.     Update 2: Terms.    

One important unmentioned consequence of agreeing an extension with Henry is it frees up the franchise tag for next offseason which could be vital with both Jonnu Smith and Jayon Brown among plenty of

Posted Images

On 7/15/2020 at 7:10 PM, scine09 said:

I think Henry deserves a lot of credit here.  He easily could have said that he led the league in rushing and as a result he needs to be the highest paid back in the league.  Not only did he not do that but he took what appears to be a very team friendly deal.  Yeah, you could argue that he may not have gotten a better deal next year.  But that’s not always what players do.  Instead they decide that if player x got this then he’s not taking any less.

I thought the same thing. Rare common sense for a player to properly understand his value, or should I say his positions value, in a league that’s changed a lot the last decade or two. 

Also, I can’t believe the whole “Henry made Tannehill” narrative is still such a prevalent argument. For one, it just doesn’t happen in the NFL, at least not nearly to this degree. I’m sorry but anybody who thinks a RB can turn an average QB into prime Drew Brees just doesn’t understand the game. Tannehill was that good last year. A totally dominant QB. 

I see this a lot in the media to, how he was the beneficiary of all these wide open deep looks. There were barely any broken play type bombs, just about all his deep throws were missles. The one he threw to Raymond in the playoffs was about a 60 yard laser beam. Secondly, the analytics show that he was awesome on the “pro throws”, the 3rd & 10 type throws that you can’t scheme open. He dominated on every throw from every situation to every part of the field. Russ I’m not sure about the stat you listed, about how good he was on secondary reads, but yeah, if you deep dive enough you can find good & bad stats for every QB. Unfortunately I did the same for MM in spite of what was becoming increasingly obvious every week.

23 minutes ago, Face said:

Also, I can’t believe the whole “Henry made Tannehill” narrative is still such a prevalent argument. For one, it just doesn’t happen in the NFL, at least not nearly to this degree. I’m sorry but anybody who thinks a RB can turn an average QB into prime Drew Brees just doesn’t understand the game. Tannehill was that good last year. A totally dominant QB. 

I see this a lot in the media to, how he was the beneficiary of all these wide open deep looks. There were barely any broken play type bombs, just about all his deep throws were missles. The one he threw to Raymond in the playoffs was about a 60 yard laser beam. Secondly, the analytics show that he was awesome on the “pro throws”, the 3rd & 10 type throws that you can’t scheme open. He dominated on every throw from every situation to every part of the field. Russ I’m not sure about the stat you listed, about how good he was on secondary reads, but yeah, if you deep dive enough you can find good & bad stats for every QB. Unfortunately I did the same for MM in spite of what was becoming increasingly obvious every week.

Tannehill was a complete beast and most people just didn't watch Titans games. Anyone who actually watched us knows how good he was individually. I remember being concerned early on that there was no way he could keep completing those extremely tight-window throws he hit vs the chargers. I thought there would be some regression because of how hard it is to do that consistently but Ryan proved he was capable of hitting those throws game after game. I've never seen a QB successfully complete so many high difficulty throws. It was awesome.

17 hours ago, Face said:

That bomb to Raymond was a thing of absolute beauty.

I remember jumping up from my seat when he caught it and was like "Holy shit!  That's my QB"

I do remember some dumbass on the board calling Raymond soft when he got concussed.  

On 7/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, titanruss said:

The titans played from behind 75% of the time last year. They also had the highest or second highest run to pass ratio in the league. 

Henry absolutely is the engine and the turbo. 

Tannehill was asked to do very little on his own and rarely did much past his first read. In fact I think he was rated like 30th for passer rating after his first read. 

RT played miles better than MM... But that doesn’t mean he was the heart of the offense. Anybody not broken coming in would look great. 

A good example would have been the second colts game...down 17-7 in the third and the Titans leaned heavy on Henry and asked little of tannehill.

Henry and the defense came back and won the game.  Tannehill threw a couple bubble screens and had a really nice TD throw to seal it.

On July 25, 2020 at 7:02 PM, Mythos27 said:

Tannehill was a complete beast and most people just didn't watch Titans games. Anyone who actually watched us knows how good he was individually. I remember being concerned early on that there was no way he could keep completing those extremely tight-window throws he hit vs the chargers. I thought there would be some regression because of how hard it is to do that consistently but Ryan proved he was capable of hitting those throws game after game. I've never seen a QB successfully complete so many high difficulty throws. It was awesome.

He was a absolute monster. And he very well may come back to Earth this year. I almost feel like people suit on his performance because of prior so so play. That's a different argument. But last year he played as good as a QB can play.

2 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

A good example would have been the second colts game...down 17-7 in the third and the Titans leaned heavy on Henry and asked little of tannehill.

Henry and the defense came back and won the game.  Tannehill threw a couple bubble screens and had a really nice TD throw to seal it.

LOL. Tannehill was just along for the ride!!!!! WTF were some of you guys watching!?!?

On July 26, 2020 at 12:10 PM, StephenIsLegend said:

That bomb to Raymond was a thing of absolute beauty.

I remember jumping up from my seat when he caught it and was like "Holy shit!  That's my QB"

I do remember some dumbass on the board calling Raymond soft when he got concussed.  

Dude I don't think it can be appreciated until watched on replay a few times. It was a 60+ yard laser. I don't know if he hit the weights last offseason or what but his arm was very strong. There always indications, granted not consistently, of excellent accuracy. But I didn't know he had that howitzer.

Raymond intrigues me. He has legit burner speed. A guy like  him is huge for a play action deep passing offense like ours.

46 minutes ago, Face said:

LOL. Tannehill was just along for the ride!!!!! WTF were some of you guys watching!?!?

I was watching the colts game (thought I made that clear) and what I said was accurate.

Tannehill played great last year but Henry was a beast.

• 1 month later...

Remember all the people in the media questioning why the team paid Tannehill before Henry and Henry was the focal point of the offense? Ridiculous and stupid opinions and it's hard to believe people who cover the NFL would be that stupid. 

I'm not going to kill Robinson for this deal but I hate the fact Henry's salary is guaranteed next year and he's counting 13.5 mill next season. 

The Titans would be 2-0 with a large number of RBs and Henry is likely the 4th or 5th most important player on offense. 

Assuming Evans can pass block well enough I'll also go ahead and say the offense will be better and more versatile with him on the field over Henry. 

Way too much credit was given to Henry on last year's run and not enough to the OL, Henry was running through gaping holes. 

I'm not hating on Henry I'm more hating on the position, a 2 down RB. There just not that valuable and so easily replaceable. 

3 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Henry has made plays and I'm not hating on this contract.  But people were insane for thinking that Tanehill's deal was less important than Henry's.

Henry is a two down RB. No matter how good a two down RB he is there isn't a lot of value in it. People just cannot accept that fact.