Supreme Court ruled against President Trump on tax returns

9 Nines

24 minutes ago, wtenn said:

Trump's hero, Andrew Jackson, defied the Supreme Court and enforced the Indian Removal Act even after the Supreme Court threw it out.  I could see Trump openly defying the order to release his tax returns, while citing Andrew Jackson as his inspiration.

In this case, it’s really Trump's accounting agency who would be on the hook for defying the Supreme Court. I don’t see that happening.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Trump was worried about the electoral consequences, he'd be tweeting about the democrats in congress getting his documents.  He's not doing that.   He's tweeting about the Manhattan DA. 

Or he could, you know, release his taxes...

The case was brought by Cyrus Vance who is the DA for New York city.  He gets the returns, not SDNY.  It's not standard procedure for a local DA to bring federal charges.  So he must have reason to be

Posted Images

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_returns_of_Donald_Trump

Tax returns of Donald Trump

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before Trump announced his candidacy for president, he repeatedly promised to release his tax returns, making such pledges in 2011, 2014 ("absolutely") and 2015.[1][2] During his presidential campaign, Trump first said he would release his returns after they were "worked on.”[3] From 2016 to 2019, Trump claimed that, because the returns were being audited, he could not make them public, but would do so in the future. No law actually prevents tax returns from being released due to an audit, as emphasized by the commissioner of internal revenue.[4][5] Trump later said that voters were not interested in his returns; that "there's nothing to learn from them"; and that his tax rate is "none of your business".[2]

I don't care one way or the other about Trump's tax returns.       

I only want them released because he's been so incredibly evasive about the whole thing, coming up with one excuse after another as to why he shouldn't have to provide the same information that has been freely and openly offered up by every other president.     

He's obviously trying to hide something;   the only question is whether it's just something that might be embarrassing or that doesn't align with the image he wants to project... or if it's something that could bring down the entire Trump organization and land him in prison.

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

What's funny is Trump's own appointees ruled against him and judge Roberts keeps ruling against him. 

They know Trump's time is up and he's a clown 

I guess that talking point about Trump will appoint conservative SC justices doesn't guarantee Trumpers will win every case. Who would have thought that.

What exactly are people expecting to find that is incriminating?

Isn't it far more likely they're just incomplete or inaccurate? which I guess might be incriminating in itself but I don't think making that known would change anything if it didn't already cause it to be looked in to by authorities etc.

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_returns_of_Donald_Trump

Tax returns of Donald Trump

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before Trump announced his candidacy for president, he repeatedly promised to release his tax returns, making such pledges in 2011, 2014 ("absolutely") and 2015.[1][2] During his presidential campaign, Trump first said he would release his returns after they were "worked on.”[3] From 2016 to 2019, Trump claimed that, because the returns were being audited, he could not make them public, but would do so in the future. No law actually prevents tax returns from being released due to an audit, as emphasized by the commissioner of internal revenue.[4][5] Trump later said that voters were not interested in his returns; that "there's nothing to learn from them"; and that his tax rate is "none of your business".[2]

Donald Trump's followers believe like him that he is above the laws of the United States and above the laws of morality.

Donald Trump said during his 2016 campaign.  "I could shoot somebody on 5th Ave and my supporters would still vote for me because they have no morality."   And the crowd roared in approval.  ???

50 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Isn't it far more likely they're just incomplete or inaccurate? which I guess might be incriminating in itself but I don't think making that known would change anything if it didn't already cause it to be looked in to by authorities etc.

I guess people are expecting to see direct payments from Russians and disbursements to Stormy Daniels

39 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

I guess people are expecting to see direct payments from Russians and disbursements to Stormy Daniels

We know about the Stormy payments already so yes

2 hours ago, OzTitan said:

I'm guessing it would incriminate him for tax evasion and even fraud. However, in Trump's narcistic worldview, proof that he's a millionaire not a billionaire or he's not as successful a businessman as he claims would hurt just as much as any incriminating evidence.

If they sided with Trump then was he too stupid to understand such seeing as he ranted on Twitter in all caps for half the day? Well, they didn't side with him, but based on your narrative you're saying he's such an idiot that he didn't understand that they in fact did. Can't have it both ways.