Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tgo

DeSean Jackson Anti Semitic Post

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

No there fucking isn’t. It is literally the same thing. It’s the exact definition of anti-semitism.

For all intents and purposes, I agree.  They have become synonymous in modern usage, but from a technical standpoint, they are different.  Jews are a subset of Semites.

 

But from a modern language point of view, I fucking hate anti-semites and I fucking hate people that are anti-Jew.

 

I should have clarified myself.

 

Edited by Denali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Denali said:

Correct.

 

There is a difference.

 

Ya know, I've read your reply to SK, but it's still hilarious to me that you agreed with my sarcastic joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Ya know, I've read your reply to SK, but it's still hilarious to me that you agreed with my sarcastic joke. 

Given that what you wrote is correct, I didn’t see any sarcasm.  
 

The definition of a Semite is someone who speaks the Semetic language, including, in particular, Jews and Arabs.  Look it up


You see?  You learn something new everyday.


But in common usage, it has morphed into meaning anti-Jewish.

 

Edited by Denali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Denali said:

Given that what you wrote is correct, I didn’t see any sarcasm.  
 

The definition of a Semite is someone who speaks the Semetic language, including, in particular, Jews and Arabs.  Look it up


You see?  You learn something new everyday.


But in common usage, it has morphed into meaning anti-Jewish.

 

The only reason I know those technicalities about all that is because a coworker of mine started using the word anti-semite in a sentence where we had to ask him what the word meant..... his response was “he is against semites” (as if we were confused about the word “anti”, wtf)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The only reason I know those technicalities about all that is because a coworker of mine started using the word anti-semite in a sentence where we had to ask him what the word meant..... his response was “he is against semites” (as if we were confused about the word “anti”, wtf)

Was it this forum that someone said

"I am not gona touch that tar baby"

And I almost fell out of my chair before I could get back to the keyboard to say I think you need to learn the meaning of tar baby lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles owner Jeff Lurie and the Eagles GM Howie Roseman are both Jewish, and DeSean Jackson spoke with them yesterday.

 

I wonder how those conversations went?  I don't understand why they didn't just roast him.  Maybe they're going to?

 

Or maybe they're looking for some form of payback?  Like making it so that he will want to quit so the team doesn't have to fire him, and at the same time preventing him from going to another team?

 

Maybe they're just nicer than me, because if I were them. I would be looking to beat the shit out of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Was it this forum that someone said

"I am not gona touch that tar baby"

And I almost fell out of my chair before I could get back to the keyboard to say I think you need to learn the meaning of tar baby lol.


To be fair, “tar baby” was totally inoffensive originally and it’s a great description. But then some racists decided to start using it as a racist slur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


To be fair, “tar baby” was totally inoffensive originally and it’s a great description. But then some racists decided to start using it as a racist slur. 

So was the n word at first it does not make that misuse of tar baby any less funny now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Callidus said:

So was the n word at first it does not make that misuse of tar baby any less funny now. 


No, the N word was always used in regard to black people. 

 

“Tar baby” was not. It’s a perfectly unobjectionable phrase if used carefully, but people are better off avoiding it because it now has racist connotations associated with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...