tgo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, bye Reb.

Star, although  my father was Ashkenazi  , my mother's family were Turkish/Syrian , so Sephardic .. Needless to say I can curse in Yiddish or Arabic depending on the crowd.. I grew up facing anti-semi

Sounds like those kids just didn't want to hang out with you because you're a massive asshole. I don't think it had anything to do with their religion 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

No there fucking isn’t. It is literally the same thing. It’s the exact definition of anti-semitism.

For all intents and purposes, I agree.  They have become synonymous in modern usage, but from a technical standpoint, they are different.  Jews are a subset of Semites.

But from a modern language point of view, I fucking hate anti-semites and I fucking hate people that are anti-Jew.

I should have clarified myself.

Edited by Denali

19 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Ya know, I've read your reply to SK, but it's still hilarious to me that you agreed with my sarcastic joke. 

Given that what you wrote is correct, I didn’t see any sarcasm.  

The definition of a Semite is someone who speaks the Semetic language, including, in particular, Jews and Arabs.  Look it up

You see?  You learn something new everyday.

But in common usage, it has morphed into meaning anti-Jewish.

Edited by Denali

7 hours ago, Denali said:

Given that what you wrote is correct, I didn’t see any sarcasm.  

The definition of a Semite is someone who speaks the Semetic language, including, in particular, Jews and Arabs.  Look it up

You see?  You learn something new everyday.

But in common usage, it has morphed into meaning anti-Jewish.

The only reason I know those technicalities about all that is because a coworker of mine started using the word anti-semite in a sentence where we had to ask him what the word meant..... his response was “he is against semites” (as if we were confused about the word “anti”, wtf)

12 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The only reason I know those technicalities about all that is because a coworker of mine started using the word anti-semite in a sentence where we had to ask him what the word meant..... his response was “he is against semites” (as if we were confused about the word “anti”, wtf)

Was it this forum that someone said

"I am not gona touch that tar baby"

And I almost fell out of my chair before I could get back to the keyboard to say I think you need to learn the meaning of tar baby lol.

The Eagles owner Jeff Lurie and the Eagles GM Howie Roseman are both Jewish, and DeSean Jackson spoke with them yesterday.

I wonder how those conversations went?  I don't understand why they didn't just roast him.  Maybe they're going to?

Or maybe they're looking for some form of payback?  Like making it so that he will want to quit so the team doesn't have to fire him, and at the same time preventing him from going to another team?

Maybe they're just nicer than me, because if I were them. I would be looking to beat the shit out of him.

38 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Was it this forum that someone said

"I am not gona touch that tar baby"

And I almost fell out of my chair before I could get back to the keyboard to say I think you need to learn the meaning of tar baby lol.

To be fair, “tar baby” was totally inoffensive originally and it’s a great description. But then some racists decided to start using it as a racist slur. 

16 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

To be fair, “tar baby” was totally inoffensive originally and it’s a great description. But then some racists decided to start using it as a racist slur. 

So was the n word at first it does not make that misuse of tar baby any less funny now. 

19 minutes ago, Callidus said:

So was the n word at first it does not make that misuse of tar baby any less funny now. 

No, the N word was always used in regard to black people. 

“Tar baby” was not. It’s a perfectly unobjectionable phrase if used carefully, but people are better off avoiding it because it now has racist connotations associated with it.